Buyer confused on paypal dispute

bella207
Contributor
Contributor

I'm very confused on how/what to file my dispute under , I won a auction on Ebay 80.00 + 14.75 shipping 12/30/16 seller sent tracking # according to # it was delivered to Casper WY I am in Kentucky I then received a notice from the post office that I had a package with postage due of 39.99 I hadn't ordered anything with postage due so post office returned it to sender I think this is my ebay package but not sure the sender name only had a first name I have been in contact with seller she then told me she gave me the wrong tracking # gave me a different # that is not showing valid on USPS I have the notice from the post office with postage due, Is this did not receive item or a item not as decribed due to postage due ? Ebay sided with her because she had a tracking number even though it went to a different state ,so is there a way for me to get my money back ?

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

From eBay Money Back Guarantee policy:

Generally, the buyer is responsible for accepting the item when it arrives. If the buyer refuses delivery, their claim is not eligible for the eBay Money Back Guarantee.

Exceptions:
-The buyer can provide, via written proof from the carrier, that they refused the package because it arrived empty or was damaged in shipping
-The buyer accepted and opened the package only to determine that it was an empty box
-The item arrived COD because it didn't have enough postage on it

You can appeal the eBay case:

Appeals:

Buyers and sellers have an opportunity within 30 days from when we make a decision about a transaction issue to appeal our decision by providing appropriate documentation. We have the right to seek reimbursement from the seller if a buyer successfully appeals.

Appeal by stating that the city/state on tracking info is different from yours of course.  If the notice you received about postage due you believe is for your actual order from this seller, consider including that in the appeal.

If the eBay appeal fail, see if you have any luck with opening a Not Received case on PayPal.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

bella207
Contributor
Contributor

I can't appeal the case because I opened a paypal case which I didn't know when I opened it should have done more research instead of letting my temper get the best of me , I was just so upset at there decision and when I tried to call ebay I kept getting disconnected , if nothing more I have learned a lesson I made it personal and it should have stayed business but I was within my rights to refuse to pay postage and accept the package. Now she has the package and my money I have filed a complaint with paypal!

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Ebay would not side with her just because she has a tracking number,

The trcking number must have your zipcode,go to your My Ebay,resolution,closed case and find out what tracking number did she upload to the case,then call Ebay.

If she does have the correct tracking number,what is the status ,since there is postage due,it cannot show 'delivered'.

extra postage is a big No no.

IF YOU GET NO SATISFACTION FROM EBAY,FILE CHARGEBACK WITH YOUR CREDIT CARD ISSUER, 

Login to Me Too

bella207
Contributor
Contributor

I did call ebay the lady I talked to could barely speak English and could not understand that the tracking # said delivered but that number the seller said was not my tracking # she had gave me the wrong # there was no tracking number that matched my zip code the only information I had that the package had even been in my state was a slip from the post office with postage due 39.99 with the sellers first name as sender and post office said it was from her state no other information the seller has all the other information . The only facts I have are tracking # went to Jasper Wy. seller sent me another Tracking # USPS website # not found and a slip from the post office with what maybe my item with sellers first name as sender and postage due of 39.99 when I called the post office I ask where it was from they said sellers state I told them I had not ordered any thing with postage due they said it would be returned to sender . I purchase lots of items on ebay and did not even know it was from seller until I contacted her about my item not arriving she signed her first name to email , thats why I thought it was from her I told her it had been returned because of postage due she went into this huge rant that I should go to the post office and make them give it to me and I was trying to scam her or the post office was cheating her this went on for a week me telling her I had not even saw the package and had no other information .

Login to Me Too

bella207
Contributor
Contributor

After spending quite some time talking to my local post office I found someone that remembered my package it was delivered with out postage the last tracking number shows it has not left califorina but of course it has . The post office sent it back to sender there was not a tracking number added when it was returned so no way to prove it was returned other than the supervisor remembered it and no way to prove it was ever in ky. other than the supervisor also if the seller paid postage when she receives it back she can resend it without paying the 39.99.

Login to Me Too

bella207
Contributor
Contributor

tracking number she gave me  shows it is still in Califorina  but post office returned it and it did not have any postage or tracking number on it. so the lable is in Califorina anyway.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

call 1-800 USPS customer service,ask to speak to a customer rep in domestic shipping,she maybe able to give you the whole lowdown.

use that as proof and file chargeback with your cc issuer.

if you win,seller wil be slapped with $20 fee,so if you want to be nice,call her and tell her .

you can try calling Ebay now,US workers are now at work . 

Login to Me Too

bella207
Contributor
Contributor

update E-Bay reversed there decision and refunded my money , I havent closed my paypal case yet I didn't know if she will open a case with paypal.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

seller cannot open a case on Paypal.

GOOD to know you have your money back,welcome to '**bleep** bay. '

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.