Can I appeal a case if I didn’t have the tracking but I will have tracking now?

Benny6227
Contributor
Contributor
To start, I bought a pair shoes on eBay and they turned out to be fake. I then opened a dispute on PayPal and escalated it to a claim. PayPal then sided with me, the Buyer. Since I had to return the shoes for a refund, I shipped the shoes back through USPS. My local USPS post office LOST the return shipment. I didn’t have the tracking number for the package because I forgot to write it down when I printed the label, and I didn’t get a receipt from the P.O. with the tracking number on it because I had it picked up by the mail carrier. Anyways, because I was in contact with the seller, I knew that the return had not reached him yet. I then filed a missing mail report with USPS, as well as went to my local P.O. to figure out where it was. They looked at the scans and see that they lost it and they don’t have any evidence that it left the building. I thought they might have been stolen. Three weeks later, I get that package delivered to my house. By this time, I missed the window of which I can enter the tracking number into the PayPal claim. I want to get this fake pair of shoes out of my hands, so I plan to ship them out to the seller again to return them. Can I appeal the case that ended up being ruled in favor of the seller now that I have the tracking number? How would I go about doing this? And if not, should I even risk sending them back without doing it through PayPal? Because I don’t know if I should trust that the seller would refund me for these shoes, he has not been responsive lately. Thanks in advance for the tips and help.
Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.