Paypal allows scammers to keep on scamming.....utterly ridiculous...

pkuhn0223
Contributor
Contributor

I sent a 10 car Hot Wheels set to a Canadian buyer through Ebay.....The buyer immediately after receipt claims 'Not as Described", including different color, different model, everything they could check off.......Now I know what I sent, So I sent the picture to Paypal of the listing and asked the buyer to descbribe to me what they had 'received'.....No reply, of course, so I then sent them an e-mail authorizing a return as Paypal requested........The buyer sends back an envelope addressed to "Homeowner"' at an address 7 houses down from mine.....Now I know i gave him the correct name and address and I am sure Paypal did the same.....

I tracked through the Post Office where this was delivered to and signed for after the tracking showed such......and went to the house to retrieve what I thought would be 10 random cars in a package....the wife called her husband at work who told her where the 'package' was, it was an empty envelope......(He had thought about calling the FBI since he got an empty envelope from a foreign country with a blan piece of paper inside)....

I called Paypal and spoke to the 'customer Service' (or lack of), told them exactly what I received, and told them the buyer was trying to pull a scam by showing signed delivery in my town, but not my address, since the Post Office tracking does not show the exact address......I told them I would send in scans of the package matching the same tracking number that the buyer gave them, and also note that the envelope states "Documents Only" so there is no way that he returned any items to me, just a blank piece of paper in it.....Well, surprise, surprise, they rule in favor of the buyer since the return showed 'DELIVERY"...WTF.......I have attached the scans that I sent in, just unbelievable that Paypal favors a buyer with 3, yes 3 feedbacks over a seller with 2800+ at 100%.....I am done with Ebay and will not send another item to Canada to outside the US.  

Paypal has no seller protection, they are a joke......

My rant is over $59 and my 10 car set gone to a scammer that Paypal let happen...shame on Paypal...

Paul.  ( I may not be able to attach yet)......

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

video_review
New Community Member

I completely agree with Pay Pal allowing the scam.  I sold a doll to someone in the USA through eBay.  She immediately claimed that it was not as described and by passed eBay and filed with Pay Pal.  She had done this to others on eBay.  I read about it in her feedback.  She sited glue in the hair.  I sent her a mint doll, never out of the package and she returned the same type toy, without the tags that had been played with and glue put in hair.  It was not the doll I sent.  So when they filed for her, I opened an appeal and their response was that the pictures showed the same damage she complained about.  OF COURSE IT  DID.  She knew what she sent me and claimed it was not as listed.  But it was as listed.  She obviously switched the doll.  I was targeted for that transaction and it worked.  I blocked her as a future customer.

Your options are not to throw the baby out with the bath water.  I have had an eBay store for 16 years.  I have 22,000 listings ongoing in an anchor store.  This has happened to me once in all that time.  It is frustrating, because Pay Pal and eBay are no longer connected and do not communicate with each other.  Your option should not be to stop using eBay.  They are currently investiaging this lady for fraud and say that if they have other complaints or she has already been flagged, that they will refund everyone who had a problem with her.  eBay said that she probably skipped making a report with eBay because she had already been flagged.  If so, they will refund my money at the end of the investigation.  My reporting her keeps the market safe from scammers.  Please contact eBay to file a claim if someone bypasses eBay to file with Pay Pal.  eBay will not know about the problem if you don't... because pay pal no longer communicates with eBay.

I believe Pay Pal could stop scammers by not trying to solve "Not as described" complaints from eBay transactions.  They do not have access to the buyer's history and will not know if they are scamming and bypassing eBay's safety net.  They should require the buyer to take up all eBay complaints with eBay.  

I am very disappointed in the transaction I had with Pay Pal.  I sent them lots of pictures of what I sent and what I got back.  The lady even cheated the postoffice by returning the doll media mail!  I am also thankful that after over a million dollars in sales, that this is the only one that has surfaced.  

Login to Me Too

pinkSugarAK
Contributor
Contributor

This doesn't give me much hope! I'm experiencing my first 'Buyer Dispute' since I started selling in 2004 maybe??

I got a sale **bleep** Honey on Jan 3rd and I shipped to the Confirmed Address on Paypal, the next day.. Used Paypal Shipping.. Tracking shows delivery, never heard any complaints until March 1st - right before 60 days (Reg E, cuz they used a credit card..)  Unauthorized Transaction!

I shipped to the Confirmed Address on the payment. I did a simple Google Search and found the address & phone number they gave me matches the name of the Buyer.. and that would have had to been a match to the name on the credit card, or Paypal would not have authorized the checkout.. 

I played their Game. I responded the same night (March 1st) to the Dispute and gave Paypal the Tracking Info they already had - its now been 2 weeks and they are still 'reviewing it..'

These things really burn my **bleep**.. I mean, the item was delivered 2 months ago, to the Buyer's address.. did she think it was a **bleep**??

Login to Me Too

pinkSugarAK
Contributor
Contributor

Aww c'mon.. they B-leeped out the words C.L.I.N.I.Q.U.E. and Blaque Honey and (a.r.s.e.) LOL

Login to Me Too

jpoc78
Contributor
Contributor

AGREE

PAYPAL HAS NO SELLER PROTECTION...

SO EASY TO BE A SCAMMER 

Login to Me Too

jacked1960
Contributor
Contributor

You see some of these scammers are very good and can keep 100% feedback they will block you from even emailing them  they know how too play the system ,Pay pal or Ebay do nothing to stop these Parts Scammer's ,with the 6 month policy they can steal  or exchange parts abuse do whatever they want with your item and they still get a refund but ,this system creates a what goes around ??? system and nothing but false claims will happen the stupidist thing is the 6 month return policy .i received an item back without the original box  inserts or manual and they think iam paying $245 fed ex charges for this return item ,meanwhile he gives me a negative after almost 3 months having the unit and then files a claim Ebay has become a scam parts place for buyers with the 6 month return policy 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.