Paypal closed a case of unauthorized payment to a scammer in their favor!! Help !!

Tray1234
Contributor
Contributor
I have filed a dispute for money for unauthorized transactions to a "T.W" through my paypal and paypal gave the money in his/her favor I really find it unfair because Im only 18 I worked hard for that money that was taken from me through a paid internship from school. The transcation occured due to my desktop device saving all passwords to all sites logged in to it. I Have no idea why it does that so my family member my 15 year old sister to be exact met this person on mercari and this person gave out personal number to contact them which is against mercari's policy so after my sister contacted her/him about the "iphone 6s" , rose gold" she was selling and she agreed to hold it for her for $70 downpayment on a app called square cash but my sister used my paypal account instead and even still with that transaction my sister said he/she was still taking offers later he/she deleted her account. Second transaction of $130 was done through pay for goods then this "T.W" was upset that the money would take 21 days to be released to her and said my sister wont be getting her "phone" until it was so my sister called paypal and tried to fix it, "T" refunded the money she sent it AGAIN through friends and family and waited all the way until monday to be provided with a fake tracking number for usps that was coming from houston, tx and going to corpus christi, tx not even no where close to where I reside. I found this out when I contacted a texas post office and they gave me those details. Also "T" claimed he/she lived in armallio, tx and he/she sent it from a post office there which was false but the tracking number is : 9************ for usps and the shipment info was created before my sister even gave her our address. I was unaware of this until I checked my paypal account on august 19 when I bought shoes off of ebay. I would really like this resolved I lost a ton of money to someone I dont even know due to a password saving error on my desktop and a family member who thought it would be cool to use my account without permission. My family isn't rich so when I lose money to a scam even though I was unaware until recently it upsets me and it makes me reconsider if I should even trust paypal anymore because a scammer got away with my money due to a desktop saving error and my sister being gullible enough to really think a "iphone 6s" would be sold to her for $200. Also "T" is very rude I've tried getting a refund from her two times nicely the first time she declined this time he/she didn't answer and when my sister texted him/her he/and or she used foul language. I used the initials of this persons name for privacy matters and the tracking number.
Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

If it happened from your computer, you are responsble.  If it happened because you allowed someone else to use your account details, you are responsble.

In future make sure you computer is secure so no one else has access to your private information and passwords.   Also, make sure no one else can access your account.

PayPal will not be responsbility for your own lack of security controls.

Login to Me Too

Tray1234
Contributor
Contributor
Okay I understand that and I was unaware of the saving issue at the time. Dont you think if I knew I would be more secure with my info? It's the fact that it's still unauthorized because it wasn't me who did it also it was a scam and I will not stop until I get justice because this isn't right, the way someone could just take your money wrongfully and you try to get it back nicely but to no avail, I've worked very hard for that and I would like it back, I want to appeal and thats what I will continue to find a way to do.
Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

PayPal does keep your information secure.  It was you, yourself, who didn't keep your information secure on your computer.

Login to Me Too

Tray1234
Contributor
Contributor
Ok. Anyways can someone answer how I can appeal my cases please ?
Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Just make a phone call to PayPal customer service.

Login to Me Too

Tray1234
Contributor
Contributor
I did so this morning and was told to email a claim email and all they did was tell me how to open another dispute which cannot be done because one was already opened. I will try to call again.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.