I won the dispute from a buyer - 2nd dispute is file "Bank reversal"

Kimloy
Contributor
Contributor

Hi anyone can help me?
i believe paypal has a rule once the dispute or claim is close or concluded you cannot open a dispute to that transaction again.
A buyer buys a digital goods and open a dispute and escalated it to claim but fortunately i won the case by providing all the information paypal is asking or providing all the necessary evidence.
But today another dispute is open and the reason for the dispute is " Inquiry, bank return" it is a buyer's bank requesting for reversal as the case description is " Unauthorized Payment " this dispute is with same transaction that the buyer alreaby file a dispute and claim and was closed to my favor -  i won. Then why paypal accepted the dispute case against the same transaction, transaction that already had a dispute case and already concluded? 

This is clearly a fraudulent act of a buyer to get my product for free.
Or maybe paypal is messing up with? as ive read with other people complaints about this same issue, that i most likely i will end up losing the money for paypal favor.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Not knowing all the details about your sale, it is difficult to give a different answer.  All you can do is review PayPal polcies for seller protection to see for yourself whether or not you are covered.  Click on the legal agreements at the bottom of the page for help.

PayPal makes it quite clear in policies how sellers are protected from disputes.  It's up to sellers to determine the risk of not complying when there is a dispute.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

The reason is irrelvant.

There are risks selling virtual goods.

You won the PayPal dispute.

Buyer now files an authorized charge with credit card bank.   This is the reason it is so much better to pay with a credit card.  It gives a separate opportunity to dispute if the PayPal dispute fails.  You have absolutely no way to evaluate the validity of the claim; neither does PayPal.  PayPal will likely pass the chargeback fee to seller.

This is where PayPal seller protection is so important.  If you comply with all requirements for PayPal seller protection, PayPal would likely remburse you for the money and the chargeback fee.

You likely have no seller protection with virtual goods.

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

What you evalutate as the buyer's personal reason for the dispute is irrelevant.

There are risks selling virtual goods.

You won the PayPal dispute.

Buyer now files an authorized charge with credit card bank.   This is the reason it is so much better to pay with a credit card.  It gives a separate opportunity to dispute if the PayPal dispute fails.  You have absolutely no way to evaluate the validity of the claim; neither does PayPal.  PayPal will likely pass the chargeback fee to seller.

This is where PayPal seller protection is so important.  If you comply with all requirements for PayPal seller protection, PayPal would likely remburse you for the money and the chargeback fee.

You likely have no seller protection with virtual goods.

Login to Me Too

Kimloy
Contributor
Contributor

Then this whole act of dispute implementation of paypal from the minute it was file is already concluded then. I lost just before this case started. Its sad that people, most of paypal users knows that you will lose a case in bank reversal if its a virtual goods. 
Thanks for letting me know how really paypal works.

Login to Me Too
Solved

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Not knowing all the details about your sale, it is difficult to give a different answer.  All you can do is review PayPal polcies for seller protection to see for yourself whether or not you are covered.  Click on the legal agreements at the bottom of the page for help.

PayPal makes it quite clear in policies how sellers are protected from disputes.  It's up to sellers to determine the risk of not complying when there is a dispute.

Login to Me Too

Kimloy
Contributor
Contributor

I actually read all paypal policies and all their legalities. I even gone through reading the scope of non-tangible item dispute or chargeback and to comply with it and also gone trough those steps and requirements filing but i was just so concerned in reading several forums with issues regarding the chargeback of a buyers bank on a non-tangible items and 99.9% of them sellers lose the case even if the buyer intent is clearly fraudulent. It really giving me a pain having a thought that i only have 0.1% of winning. anyway thanks for your comment and trying to make things clear for me. i just do hope that someday paypal would actually do something with bank chargeback for the fairness of the sellers. For them to defend themselves in a fair manner of justification. Thank you again for the useful thought. As i have already uploaded all the neccesary documents to paypal to defend my side for the meantime I will just set back here and wait for the chargeback to take over and lose my balance. 

Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

I would think  if you haev won the Paypal dispute,PAYPAL should eat your loss if the bank decides against you.

Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

if you read this forum,it is just not a good idea to accept Paypal when selling virtual or digital goods,save yourself some headache and a $20 chargeback fee,either ask for non credit card payment or just dont sell.  

Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

what is the reason for the first dispute? which you won?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.