More paypal credit confusion.

meowsie
Contributor
Contributor
After I actually figured out how to use paypal credit, I'm a little confused at how my balance is showing on my account. So......when you make a paypal credit purchase, is it supposed to deduct the total from your 'main' paypal account balance? After the purchase my main paypal balance has gone negative. The amount has also been deducted from my paypal credit line as well. This is just odd to me because it looks like I'm being hit twice for one purchase. The purchase I made has also been flagged by security. Could this be a factor in this? It doesn't make sense that my purchase bought with paypal credit would deduct from my separate paypal balance. If I would have actually had money in my main paypal account it would have wiped me out. Well, I did have 6 bucks that I was going to use it towards the balance anyway. So much for being 'credit'. Seriously unimpressed by this service so far. -_-
Login to Me Too
22 REPLIES 22

meowsie
Contributor
Contributor

Not necessarily for building credit history, but keeping your utilization low is an important factor in boosting your scores.  Me having to buy a computer was an unexpected expense, so being able to put it on the hidden credit line allowed me to make the purchase without any adverse effects to my score from having a balance report like it would on a credit card. Well, hopefully that's how it will work out once I get everything straightened out. 

Login to Me Too
Solved

meowsie
Contributor
Contributor

Finally got my problem resolved!

Since I didn't hear back from paypal after emailing them my screenshots and receipts (I waited 10 days which is the max turnaround time for email responses) I called back to see what else I could do.  It took me a while....I got transfered about four times until I finally reached a lady that could handle the situation and consult with a supervisor. 

I explained this whole situation for the fifth time, and after another stretch of waiting on hold the rep confirmed that this was in fact an error on paypal's behalf. They resolved the error by simply crediting my paypal balance for the amount!! I'm blown away! The rep said there was no way to put the purchase back onto paypal credit with the financing deal, so they said it was taken care of and I didn't have to pay for the purchase at all!!

It took some work, but I'm very happy and they really went above and beyond my expectations after it was all said and done!

Alright ppc, I'll give you another chance! Cat Very Happy

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Thanks for the update.  Your methodic persistence paid off.  I know it takes a lot of effort to find the customer service agent who is knowledgeable in some specific areas.  It also shows that there are some very good customer service reps; I've found that myself for some other issues. As a user take a business approach and research to help find the solution.

Congratulations on your effort and step-by-step approach to a solution.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.