Known Issue: Received payments not appearing in balance

PayPal_Frank
Administrator
Administrator
"PayPal experienced a brief technical issue yesterday during a planned system update which resulted in some consumers being unable to see a transaction in their account history after it had processed. And, some merchants may not have received immediate payment.  

The technical issue has been fixed and PayPal is working to have these transactions reflected accurately for both consumers and merchants. 

We apologize for any inconvenience."

Hi everyone,

I know this has been a frustrating issue and we apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.  I want to assure you this was immediately escalated and is being worked on at a high priority.  We don't have an exact ETA but our engineers are working to fix the transactions affected by this issue as soon as possible.

- Frank

FAQs

Q. Why I cannot see the money in my balance? I am sure that I received a payment because I received the email confirmation.  

A system change last night has resulted in an issue whereby instant bank funded transactions are not appearing on account balances. Once you received the email confirming your payment the transaction did complete but it will only appear in the account balance once this issue is resolved.

Q. Why does the system not allow me to withdraw the payment that I already received?

You will be able to withdraw the funds once the transaction appears on your account balance.

Q. I received a payment, but I cannot see the money in my balance. Should I send the parcel?

Until the payments shows as completed in your account activity log we would advise you not to send out the parcel. We expect this issue to be resolved soon therefore this shouldn't cause any major delay to your parcel send.

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too
406 REPLIES 406

700hpAMG
Contributor
Contributor

@lancelotme  I'm going to pretend you have been under a rock for the past 24 hrs and did not see the countless threads here on the same exact issue. You can also go to the paypal Facebook page and look at the endless complaints there on the same issue. I have THOUSANDS of Paypal transactions, all Ebay feedback 100%! Member since Ebay started accepting Paypal. 

Login to Me Too

tbirdey
Contributor
Contributor

What's your point?

Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

&700HP,

I cant find my post,what did I say?

you are right,I dont check my PAYPAL account when someone made a payment,I just relied on Ebay to tell me it has been paid.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@700hpAMG

May be you should tell that to the thousands that are STILL posting threads and asking the same question when it has been answered a load of times and posting and ringing paypal don't help any before being rude to someone.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

moir1994
Contributor
Contributor

I had an order in which the customer paid on ebay and payment cleared on his end. Completing the transaction except i received no money. Now im aware of the common issue with old email addresses being the problem. Except mine isnt outdated or typed in wrong. On either paypal or ebay. I had an order not even 24 hours before this one yesterday. Payment cleared and i transferreed it with no issue. I got no notification of payment , had to manually go into paypal to see the transaction and then even that took over an hour to show up and update. Is this a glitch or is paypal holding my money for some reason! I would like to receive payment on my end since technically the cutomser has pony'd up per say and completed his end of the bargain. I need assistance with this issue since the paypal messaging customer service is absoultely useless.

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

If the money is not held in a pending balance for the 21 day hold then it is due to a bug PP is experiencing in their system.  Supposedly they are aware of it and is working on it.  See this post.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

moir1994
Contributor
Contributor

Hopefully they fix it soon since for such a wealthy company they should be on it like white on rice. Ive got a business to run as do many others. Thank you for the info as many others have been having this issue. And no it isnt being held or pending for 21 days. My balance says empty and nothing says pending whatsoever. Just completely no money transferrred to me even though it says it was.

Login to Me Too

Queenzt
Contributor
Contributor
Hello I see ur post is from July have u received ur payment since this post?
Login to Me Too

Russman
Contributor
Contributor
My father sent money to me yesterday. Shows up in his transactions and mine. It did not post to my available balance. I'm not the only one according to PayPal tech support. Apparently payments sent from users bank accounts are not made available to recipients. As of yesterday I was told 48 hours. Not sure if it's just users bank accounts or what. My father resent the money and used his credit card attached to his account and funds were immediately available. PayPal says it's a "glitch" in their system. Fine, I understand glitches but a notice on the site would have been helpful. They say emails were sent to users it affected but I did not get one. Every person I talked to basically said it wasn't in their authority to place a notice. Worst customer service I have ever encountered with PayPal. 👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎🖓🖓🖓🖓🖓🖓🖓
Login to Me Too

joala
Contributor
Contributor

Is there a reason why a YEAR OLD post about this is stickied, and yet it's still happening? I emailed support over a payment I haven't received in almost 24 hours. 

If I get a response saying "it's a known issue, we're working on it" i'm going to flip out. This can't be legal.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.