Known Issue: Received payments not appearing in balance

PayPal_Frank
Administrator
Administrator
"PayPal experienced a brief technical issue yesterday during a planned system update which resulted in some consumers being unable to see a transaction in their account history after it had processed. And, some merchants may not have received immediate payment.  

The technical issue has been fixed and PayPal is working to have these transactions reflected accurately for both consumers and merchants. 

We apologize for any inconvenience."

Hi everyone,

I know this has been a frustrating issue and we apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.  I want to assure you this was immediately escalated and is being worked on at a high priority.  We don't have an exact ETA but our engineers are working to fix the transactions affected by this issue as soon as possible.

- Frank

FAQs

Q. Why I cannot see the money in my balance? I am sure that I received a payment because I received the email confirmation.  

A system change last night has resulted in an issue whereby instant bank funded transactions are not appearing on account balances. Once you received the email confirming your payment the transaction did complete but it will only appear in the account balance once this issue is resolved.

Q. Why does the system not allow me to withdraw the payment that I already received?

You will be able to withdraw the funds once the transaction appears on your account balance.

Q. I received a payment, but I cannot see the money in my balance. Should I send the parcel?

Until the payments shows as completed in your account activity log we would advise you not to send out the parcel. We expect this issue to be resolved soon therefore this shouldn't cause any major delay to your parcel send.

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too
406 REPLIES 406

elvoi
Contributor
Contributor

You had this issue last June 16, 2017. Why is it getting a lot of time to be fixed? This is the worst thing to happen ever with paypal. How can you compensate clients with this kind of issue? By apologising only???

@PayPal_Frank wrote:
"PayPal experienced a brief technical issue yesterday during a planned system update which resulted in some consumers being unable to see a transaction in their account history after it had processed. And, some merchants may not have received immediate payment.  

The technical issue has been fixed and PayPal is working to have these transactions reflected accurately for both consumers and merchants. 

Hi everyone,

I know this has been a frustrating issue and we apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.  I want to assure you this was immediately escalated and is being worked on at a high priority.  We don't have an exact ETA but our engineers are working to fix the transactions affected by this issue as soon as possible.

- Frank

FAQs

Q. Why I cannot see the money in my balance? I am sure that I received a payment because I received the email confirmation.  

A system change last night has resulted in an issue whereby instant bank funded transactions are not appearing on account balances. Once you received the email confirming your payment the transaction did complete but it will only appear in the account balance once this issue is resolved.

Q. Why does the system not allow me to withdraw the payment that I already received?

You will be able to withdraw the funds once the transaction appears on your account balance.

Q. I received a payment, but I cannot see the money in my balance. Should I send the parcel?

Until the payments shows as completed in your account activity log we would advise you not to send out the parcel. We expect this issue to be resolved soon therefore this shouldn't cause any major delay to your parcel send.

@PayPal_Frank wrote:

Hi everyone,

- Frank

FAQs

Login to Me Too

Friditas
I have lost a lot of money because of this issue. My forensic accountant believes that the dollar amount missing is between 30,000 and 50,000 since it started last year in 2016. I sure hope somebody helps. We lost our home last year and I almost lost my business.
Login to Me Too

Lea_Antonette
New Community Member

Good day, 

I received payment for a transaction on July 01, the transaction is reflected on the history and I received an email confirmation that the payment has been sent to my account but the balance did not change. I hope that this issue gets resolved immeidately, at least an updated announcement would be nice.

Thank you

Login to Me Too

nnmoe
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having a problem with missing payment as of date 6th July 2017. Got an email confirming payment received with transaction ID. Clicking on transaction ID in the email brings me to paypal log, but this complete transaction is not showing in my activity log nor it is being reflected in my balance.

Login to Me Too

Lukas_Kidd
Contributor
Contributor

yup nnmoe same here, only for me it's an ebay transaction. ebay item showed as paid (connected with my paypal account), buyer told me he paid right away which I'm sure he did. no transaction, no money, not anything... I even clicked to go to paypal transaction from ebay and the transaction ID doesn't exist yet on paypal - yet it's recognized on ebay (ebay shows the paypal transaction ID).

Login to Me Too

Ransun
Contributor
Contributor

Hello Frank,

This issue again occurs today. 

Today I sent a fund to another my paypal account around 6pm (Malaysia time) But until now,I did not get any emails to sender and receiver regarding this transaction until now.

Also no records of summary and activities. It seems that not only I have this problem, but also other people left post this issue.

please update how the paypal resolve this issue again.

Thank you.

regards,

Login to Me Too

willynilly

Did anyone get this resolved? Just had an order, "paypal payment complete" but, theres zero trace of the transaction anywhere! This is something I need to get to the buyer asap as their wedding on Wednesday! 😮

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.