Known Issue: Received payments not appearing in balance

PayPal_Frank
Administrator
Administrator
"PayPal experienced a brief technical issue yesterday during a planned system update which resulted in some consumers being unable to see a transaction in their account history after it had processed. And, some merchants may not have received immediate payment.  

The technical issue has been fixed and PayPal is working to have these transactions reflected accurately for both consumers and merchants. 

We apologize for any inconvenience."

Hi everyone,

I know this has been a frustrating issue and we apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.  I want to assure you this was immediately escalated and is being worked on at a high priority.  We don't have an exact ETA but our engineers are working to fix the transactions affected by this issue as soon as possible.

- Frank

FAQs

Q. Why I cannot see the money in my balance? I am sure that I received a payment because I received the email confirmation.  

A system change last night has resulted in an issue whereby instant bank funded transactions are not appearing on account balances. Once you received the email confirming your payment the transaction did complete but it will only appear in the account balance once this issue is resolved.

Q. Why does the system not allow me to withdraw the payment that I already received?

You will be able to withdraw the funds once the transaction appears on your account balance.

Q. I received a payment, but I cannot see the money in my balance. Should I send the parcel?

Until the payments shows as completed in your account activity log we would advise you not to send out the parcel. We expect this issue to be resolved soon therefore this shouldn't cause any major delay to your parcel send.

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too
406 REPLIES 406

zhan
Contributor
Contributor

someone send me $40 and $50, it shows transaction completed, but the balance is not showing up, so i just lost $90????????????????

Never show up on my balance. Just , gone

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

PayPal is having data display issues.  See this post.  A bunch of people is having this issue not just you.  If your payments have a transaction listing in your activity page, that's a good sign that there is a record of you receiving payment.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

omniclectic
Contributor
Contributor

According to PayPal who I called yesterday and today : 

"Our engineers are working on it. Your money will show up eventually. Please wait 24-48 hours."

They really need to add a PSA to the website itself so people know what they are getting into. 

Login to Me Too

dami86
Contributor
Contributor

24-48 hours, huh? Sounds about right. It's what I was told as well. It's been almost 24 for me and counting...

Login to Me Too

tbirdey
Contributor
Contributor

I sold an item on eBay 090716. I shipped the item 090816, because eBay and PayPal showed that I had received payment from the buyer into my PayPal account. As of 090816, at 10:45 AM Eastern, I cannot transfer the money to my bank, because PayPal does not show that I have the money on my Summary or Activity page, although the transaction is visible; it does not show in my balance. I contacted PayPal around 0900 Eastern time 090816, and the representative said I could get my money in 24-48 hours and to call back if it was still not available. I asked if I was the only PayPal member experiencing this problem and they said, "no." 

I'm almost certain I looked and saw the money in my balance on the Summary page before I shipped the item and paid for it with PayPal Credit, but when went back after paying for the shipping and printing my label, the balance on the Summary page was $0.

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

PayPal is having technical issues updating the balance amount, but the trans is listed on your activity page, and is aware of problem and working on a fix.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

tbirdey
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the update. Do you mean that PayPal working on a fix so that I can see my money in my balance and then transfer it?

Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

If you are a new seller ,Paypal could hold your fund for 21 days or 3 days after delivered. 

Login to Me Too

tbirdey
Contributor
Contributor

No - I'm not a new seller. I've been selling a long time and my money is almost always transferred in one business day after I request it. This is not the issue. To transfer the money it has to be visible on my Summary page of my PayPal account. It is not.

Login to Me Too

tbirdey
Contributor
Contributor

Update at 17:41 Eastern Time on 090816: Earlier today I was told expect a resolution (my money to be available) in 24-48 hours. Then I spoke to Customer Service again around 16:30 090816 and was told 24-72 hours.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.