I got a big scammed from someone from Azerbaijan

Markyounan
Contributor
Contributor

At first he sent me email on eBay about iPhone I was listed on eBay he asked me on email if I wanna do some business with him I said yes for sure I like to make business and then he asked me about my number I gave it to him and he's keep texting me on iMessage he said he need a lot of iPhones 7 and he's gonna send me the money over PayPal I said ok that's fine he said I have to create invoice and send it to him I did that he was needing 5 iPhones 7 and Apple Watch and iPhone 6s I created the invoice and I sent it to him next day I looked at my PayPal account I seen the money there and everything looks good I transferred the money to my back account to go buy the phones for him from Apple Store I got all the phones from Apple Store and I have the receipt for all of them then the next day I send it to him as priority mail and I sent him the tracking number he text me back and said why u send it as priority mail this way I'm gonna pay too much custom in my country I told him I can't do nothing right now I already sent it to u he said ok when I received it I'm gonna send it back to u and u would have to send it back to me as usps first class international mail that way I'm not gonna pay custom I wasn't believe him for little bit so I called PayPal customer service for over 5 times to make sure he's good and he's not a scammer or something PayPal told me everything looks good and u can go ahead and do that it's something between u and the buyer and everything seems to be good so I waited over month and half and I got my packages back and he told me send it as first class international mail I said ok and I called PayPal again to make sure I can do that they said YES just go ahead and do it everything looks good and I already send it to him and I keep texting him to make sure he receive it and everything good and he said yes I received it and everything is good and after one week I looked at my email I seen dispute case open against me from him I called PayPal customer service and they said there is nothing they can do they told me buyer said he didn't receive any package at all that's for sure I got scammed buyer got all the items and he's gonna get his money back I was trying to text or call him he doesn't even answer or text me back I'm really don't know what's to do know I'm really **bleep** up now

Login to Me Too
46 REPLIES 46

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Call them, explain what happened that you owe this money and ask if you can do a payment plan by adding $200/month to your PayPal acct balance and it goes to the debt owed.

https://www.paypal.com/us/selfhelp/contact/call

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Markyounan
Contributor
Contributor

I want u all guys to be aware of this guy scammed me His name is elxan abbasov and his PayPal email is <removed> Please guys take care I'm really don't want anyone else get scammed from him like me

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

He could be the same guy who scammed another seller last year,he also shipped first class many times.

ISP ending with RU is Russia?

The only way you are going to get intl tracking and signature cofnirmation is use a private carrier,remember INXPRESS-DREW MIRANAD,he can get you membership discount with DHL,DHL is much bigger than UPS or Fed Exp and it delivers packages worldwide.

Or use EBAY GSP ,if this is Ebay,you ship with tracking to Kentucky and they ship overseas,they will ask him to pay customs and overseas postage .

You have to be firm,dont let buyer dictates how you ship  

Login to Me Too

meant
Contributor
Contributor
same thing happened to me. not buy that name but your exact story. with all new iPhones. message me, maybe we can figure something out here.
Login to Me Too

meant
Contributor
Contributor

message me back!! I GOT SCAMMED TOO!

Login to Me Too

Handex

all you need to do if he filled a dispute was to send your receipt to paypal and also a tracking code showing your delivery as well ad the website if at all its still valid and have them call paypal i was in the same **bleep** i solved mine this way. all what paypal needs is a valid proff sometimes those calls don't help.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

to qualify for Paypal seller protection,

you must ship to the address in the Paypal notification email and the item must be eligible for protection,and you must have online viewable tracking showing it has been delivered to his address,for payment $750  or more,signed for.

If you have sold multiple Iphones and payment including shipping is $750 or more,you must find a private carrier,not USPS,which would be DHL,Fed Exp or UPS.

Or use EBAY GLOBAL SHIPPING SERVICE.

For added protection in case he refused to pay customs duty,collect customs duty in advance and pass on to the carrier so your shipment can clear customs faster.

if he insists on you shipping USPS first class or Priority,tell him it is doable,ask him to send cash via wiretransfer,money gram,western union or intl money order or cashier check.

Credit card chargeback can be filed within 180 days,overseas transaction,longer.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.