I got a big scammed from someone from Azerbaijan

Markyounan
Contributor
Contributor

At first he sent me email on eBay about iPhone I was listed on eBay he asked me on email if I wanna do some business with him I said yes for sure I like to make business and then he asked me about my number I gave it to him and he's keep texting me on iMessage he said he need a lot of iPhones 7 and he's gonna send me the money over PayPal I said ok that's fine he said I have to create invoice and send it to him I did that he was needing 5 iPhones 7 and Apple Watch and iPhone 6s I created the invoice and I sent it to him next day I looked at my PayPal account I seen the money there and everything looks good I transferred the money to my back account to go buy the phones for him from Apple Store I got all the phones from Apple Store and I have the receipt for all of them then the next day I send it to him as priority mail and I sent him the tracking number he text me back and said why u send it as priority mail this way I'm gonna pay too much custom in my country I told him I can't do nothing right now I already sent it to u he said ok when I received it I'm gonna send it back to u and u would have to send it back to me as usps first class international mail that way I'm not gonna pay custom I wasn't believe him for little bit so I called PayPal customer service for over 5 times to make sure he's good and he's not a scammer or something PayPal told me everything looks good and u can go ahead and do that it's something between u and the buyer and everything seems to be good so I waited over month and half and I got my packages back and he told me send it as first class international mail I said ok and I called PayPal again to make sure I can do that they said YES just go ahead and do it everything looks good and I already send it to him and I keep texting him to make sure he receive it and everything good and he said yes I received it and everything is good and after one week I looked at my email I seen dispute case open against me from him I called PayPal customer service and they said there is nothing they can do they told me buyer said he didn't receive any package at all that's for sure I got scammed buyer got all the items and he's gonna get his money back I was trying to text or call him he doesn't even answer or text me back I'm really don't know what's to do know I'm really **bleep** up now

Login to Me Too
46 REPLIES 46

Markyounan
Contributor
Contributor

Do u think if he win the dispute and I don't have money to pay for that what's PayPal can do to me ? Take me court or what ??

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

They wil come after you for payment and have debt collectors calling.  Do not know if they will put it on your credit report or not. I read that people say they don't.  And you might not be able to use your PP account and any accounts you open subsequently.  Any monies that come into the neg account will go towards the debt.  They might even have your family members be on the hook with their PayPal account if they have an account at the same mailing address.

Small claims...I never heard of a case in which they did go after someone like that.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

As for the buyer winning, it has absolutely nothing to do with availability of funds in your PayPal acocunt.  PayPal will make your account negative and you will need to pay PayPal.  If not, PayPal will sell your debt to a collection agency and they will come after you until you pay.  Of course you will no longer be able to use PayPal.

Login to Me Too

Markyounan
Contributor
Contributor

Do u think how much time do I have to pay them back cuz that's really gonna take me a years

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

No way of knowing, but my guess is that your debt will be sold to a debt colector withing months and then the debt collector will contact you perhaps daily until you pay.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

@Markyounan wrote:
And if I called his country post office how I can get prove and send it to PayPal??

Paypal wants online viewable tracking results,there is none for first class intl to the country,so you lose.

besides.if he loses ,he will do a chargeback.

and there is anothjer $20 per iphone.

It looks like your days of selling online and accepting Paypal is over/

Login to Me Too

Markyounan
Contributor
Contributor
They closed the dispute against me and now I'm officially scammed I been with PayPal for over 5 yrs and I'm %100 feedback buyer and seller and this guy he been with them for just a few month How can they believe him and don't believe me ?? That's really not fair plus I don't have money to pay for all that
Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Because you cannot provide proof that says the shipment was delivered.  You negated the protection PayPal offered by following the instructions of a scammer from Azerbaijan.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Markyounan
Contributor
Contributor
So how I can pay for this ?? Do u think PayPal gonna let me make payment cuz I'm really don't have all the money I can pay like $200 max a month do u think that's gonna work with them ?
Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

If you don't pay the money then PayPal will sell the debt to a collector who will hound you until it is paid.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.