I got a big scammed from someone from Azerbaijan

Markyounan
Contributor
Contributor

At first he sent me email on eBay about iPhone I was listed on eBay he asked me on email if I wanna do some business with him I said yes for sure I like to make business and then he asked me about my number I gave it to him and he's keep texting me on iMessage he said he need a lot of iPhones 7 and he's gonna send me the money over PayPal I said ok that's fine he said I have to create invoice and send it to him I did that he was needing 5 iPhones 7 and Apple Watch and iPhone 6s I created the invoice and I sent it to him next day I looked at my PayPal account I seen the money there and everything looks good I transferred the money to my back account to go buy the phones for him from Apple Store I got all the phones from Apple Store and I have the receipt for all of them then the next day I send it to him as priority mail and I sent him the tracking number he text me back and said why u send it as priority mail this way I'm gonna pay too much custom in my country I told him I can't do nothing right now I already sent it to u he said ok when I received it I'm gonna send it back to u and u would have to send it back to me as usps first class international mail that way I'm not gonna pay custom I wasn't believe him for little bit so I called PayPal customer service for over 5 times to make sure he's good and he's not a scammer or something PayPal told me everything looks good and u can go ahead and do that it's something between u and the buyer and everything seems to be good so I waited over month and half and I got my packages back and he told me send it as first class international mail I said ok and I called PayPal again to make sure I can do that they said YES just go ahead and do it everything looks good and I already send it to him and I keep texting him to make sure he receive it and everything good and he said yes I received it and everything is good and after one week I looked at my email I seen dispute case open against me from him I called PayPal customer service and they said there is nothing they can do they told me buyer said he didn't receive any package at all that's for sure I got scammed buyer got all the items and he's gonna get his money back I was trying to text or call him he doesn't even answer or text me back I'm really don't know what's to do know I'm really **bleep** up now

Login to Me Too
46 REPLIES 46

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

There were signs that this would be a scam from the start--an experienced scammer.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

There is no way to get signature confirmation shipping via USPS,it must be online viewable,registred mail may not be acceptable even tho some claim it can be viewed online.

so you must go to a private carrier like DHL,Fed Exp ,UPS and quote him a shipping cost plus his country Customs,or use Ebay GSP which also precollect customs duty.

This is a scammer ,some times they will file dispute,get the money back and run t o the post office and pay customs ,and collect the items.

call 1-800 usps international customer service and see if there is any tracking internally and see if he has signed the customs receipt.

chances are you lose !

private insurance may not cover his country,and there is a limit of how much they will cover.

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Because there is no tracking or e-DelCon via First Class Package Intl for b***t f***, Mars or whatever the place you shipped the phones to.  You did it right the first time when you shipped priority mail intl.  Tough poo-poo for the sender if they have to pay for customs fees.  If he refused to pay customs, accept the returned phones and refunded bozo his money and taken them back to Apple or sell them separately.  You should have asked for advice in here before you shipped phones back to bozo.  Now you are stuck with paying for these phones.  Only thing you can do is learn from this experience.  Sorry this happened to you. Smiley Sad

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Markyounan
Contributor
Contributor

The problem is I'm really don't hav money to pay for the now I'm a student and I'm really don't have much what I can do ??

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

You will have to work out a payment plan with PayPal.  Your PayPal balance will go into the negative when you lose this dispute and PP may even limit or suspend your account.  And you said you are a student...how old are you? Are you over 18 yrs of age at least?  You have to be over 18 to have a PayPal account.  

Did you even have a phone on hand to sell when you listed on eBay?  Or you get the not so bright idea of listing now but buy the phone when the buyer pay?

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Markyounan
Contributor
Contributor

I'm 25 yrs old and yes i did have the phone when I was listed it

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

But not ALL of the phones you shipped.

Login to Me Too

Markyounan
Contributor
Contributor

I was only have one phone but this buyer was need a lot of phones so I was have to wait for his payment and I told him that too I don't have money to buy all theses phones and he said create invoice and I will send u money so u can buy the phones from Apple Store and I do have all the receipts from Apple Store with me

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

This seller has no business selling multiple brand new iphones to overseas buyer.

anything $750 or more need more than tracking,it needs signature confirmation,and the only way to get both is to ship via  a private carrier,not the post office.

Also first class shipping overseas can go only go up to a certain weight and your package may excees the wight limit and also price limit of 400 dollars.

where is your buyer?

first class tracking could be tracked in some countries but not all,and in some countries,it only said it delivered to that country and thats not good enough,it must be delivered to his address.

You learn a very expensive lesson.

and you did not buy private insurance? 

Login to Me Too

Markyounan
Contributor
Contributor

I sent each iPhone in one package cuz they said I'm only able to send one iPhone in each package and I sent to Azerbaijan

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.