Seller won't ship until after 21 day hold??

Kezink2012
Contributor
Contributor
I understand that there is a hold put on funds for new accounts. The seller is telling me she cannot ship until the end of the 21 days, when she has her money. This doesn't dosent sound right, as I've never experienced this with my many paypal transactions. Any suggestions?
Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

The sooner she ships,the sooner fund will be released.

if she does not ship and upload tracking,she will never get her money.

then you file item not received and so much for her sales experience

Login to Me Too

Amy987
New Community Member
Actually PayPal waits for the money to clear. I have shipped and they received and I am still waiting on my $
Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

The seller must ship asap and not wait until 21 days or expect disputes from their buyers and PayPal will limit their account for causing such disputes and maybe even no longer let them use PayPal.  The only time a seller should not ship out is when there is absolutely no record of payment in their account, not even a hold, and if on the transactions details page, PayPal indicates do not ship.

Forward this link to the seller:

https://www.paypal.com/us/selfhelp/article/why-is-my-payment-being-held-for-21-days-faq3236

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Kezink2012
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the info and link! I shared with the seller and her response was "I can't ship until I have the money, as I don't have any to ship." I gave her some tips on using flat rate envelopes that might lessen the shipping cost, which she charged me $10 for. Although I'm willing to wait for the hold, I'm sure other people won't be as patient with her (she is sellling items via a facebook buy/sell/trade group). Debating requesting a refund because I'm not sure I want to deal with the hassle later on down the road!

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

This is an obvious future problem.

The seller has no money and no product--WARNING.

Seller want to user your payment to purchase product and pay for shipping--WARNING.

That's not the sign of a trusted seller.

Get your money back as soon as you can.

First, ask the seller for a refund so it can be done without a dispute.

I don't know if it is possible while the hold is in place or if the SELLER would need to phone PayPal.

In any case, if the seller does not refund, then file a dispute for non-receipt. 

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

@Kezink2012 wrote:

Thanks for the info and link! I shared with the seller and her response was "I can't ship until I have the money, as I don't have any to ship." I gave her some tips on using flat rate envelopes that might lessen the shipping cost, which she charged me $10 for. Although I'm willing to wait for the hold, I'm sure other people won't be as patient with her (she is sellling items via a facebook buy/sell/trade group). Debating requesting a refund because I'm not sure I want to deal with the hassle later on down the road!

SO IT IS A NON EBAY TRANSACTION.

If she does not ship ,you could file item not received with Paypal ,worse if you file chargeback with your credit card,she would not only have to refund your money,she would also be socked with a $20 chargeback fee.

if she has no money to ship,she has no business selling and accepting Paypal,

Login to Me Too

Mastherser
Contributor
Contributor
I'm sorry your experiencing this issue , but you have to look at it from the sellers perspective which no one at PayPal or willing to do because they are crooks, scam artist. Paypal and eBay scam the sellers on a daily basis and hold there funds for weeks to collect interest on said funds. Imagine you walking into a store and paying for goods and then you get " come back in 21 days for your item " lol anyone with a brain would laugh and walk away. What I would recommend is to see if the seller will accept another form of payment, but also use your better judgement don't be a fool like PayPal folks, check the seller out, check the feedback it's all there for a reason. Although PayPal and eBay don't use this information to better serve there customers.
Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

If it is an Ebay transaction,ask Ebay to release $15 for shipping.

if your seller does not ship promptly,the money may not be released after 21 days .

upload tracking,when tracking shows it has been delivered,money would be released 3 days after delivery date.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.