I got a big scammed from someone from Azerbaijan

Markyounan
Contributor
Contributor

At first he sent me email on eBay about iPhone I was listed on eBay he asked me on email if I wanna do some business with him I said yes for sure I like to make business and then he asked me about my number I gave it to him and he's keep texting me on iMessage he said he need a lot of iPhones 7 and he's gonna send me the money over PayPal I said ok that's fine he said I have to create invoice and send it to him I did that he was needing 5 iPhones 7 and Apple Watch and iPhone 6s I created the invoice and I sent it to him next day I looked at my PayPal account I seen the money there and everything looks good I transferred the money to my back account to go buy the phones for him from Apple Store I got all the phones from Apple Store and I have the receipt for all of them then the next day I send it to him as priority mail and I sent him the tracking number he text me back and said why u send it as priority mail this way I'm gonna pay too much custom in my country I told him I can't do nothing right now I already sent it to u he said ok when I received it I'm gonna send it back to u and u would have to send it back to me as usps first class international mail that way I'm not gonna pay custom I wasn't believe him for little bit so I called PayPal customer service for over 5 times to make sure he's good and he's not a scammer or something PayPal told me everything looks good and u can go ahead and do that it's something between u and the buyer and everything seems to be good so I waited over month and half and I got my packages back and he told me send it as first class international mail I said ok and I called PayPal again to make sure I can do that they said YES just go ahead and do it everything looks good and I already send it to him and I keep texting him to make sure he receive it and everything good and he said yes I received it and everything is good and after one week I looked at my email I seen dispute case open against me from him I called PayPal customer service and they said there is nothing they can do they told me buyer said he didn't receive any package at all that's for sure I got scammed buyer got all the items and he's gonna get his money back I was trying to text or call him he doesn't even answer or text me back I'm really don't know what's to do know I'm really **bleep** up now

Login to Me Too
46 REPLIES 46

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

@Markyounan wrote:
I sent each iPhone in one package cuz they said I'm only able to send one iPhone in each package and I sent to Azerbaijan

There is a thread last year on this same forum of a guy who shipped multiple packages of electronic goods to a dealer from Azerbakjan,to save him mony he always shipped first class adn the guy always used his credit card.

it went on for months and he thought he has a loyal buyer.

Months later chargeback came and he presented detail information andemail from him admitting he is lying,but Paypal plays by the rule,you must have online viewable tracking showing it was delivere to his address,he lost thousand of dollars.

block countries in Eastern Europe,Africa and stop selling iphones.  

Login to Me Too

Markyounan
Contributor
Contributor

I'm thinking about when he gets all the packages from the custom they must let him sign and pay for custom fee right ?

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

It doesn't matter; there is no online tracking to show delivery.  You accepted a scam.

Login to Me Too

Markyounan
Contributor
Contributor

So PayPal can't call the usps to ask them if he pays for custom and sign for it or not ? I guess that's easy thing to find right

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Not for the shipping method you chose to ship with.  I have experienced shipping a item via first class intl when they had no tracking for any country so I know...for the countries that do not have tracking or electronic delivery confirmation and is first class intl, and not even registered mail, USPS will not lift a finger to investigate.  I even waited a hour to speak to someone at the Intl Mail Inquiry Center, they said they do not trace ordinary first class intl shipments. Only Priority Mail Intl or First Class Intl, Registered USPS will trace.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Markyounan
Contributor
Contributor

I'm also have the text messages we been sending and he said he received it and everything good can PayPal take that ? And he also took a pics from each thing he received and sent it to me

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Where are you at in the dispute?  Is the it escalated to a claim yet?  You can provide all that info if you want and hope for the best.

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

The only time a recipient signs for it is if you shipped using a service that requires a signature.  plain o first class intl do not have that.  There is no customs form for them to sign.  They may hold a package and maybe leave a notice for recipient to pick up otherwise  since you shipped to 'Mars', we have no idea what they customarily do there. 

Now on the other hand, if you valued the goods on the customs form that flags the customs office to charge bozo fees yet again, maybe.  You would have to call Azerbaijan post yourself or their customs office.  USPS will not call for you because you shipped via ordinary first class intl.

Login to Me Too

Markyounan
Contributor
Contributor

And if I called his country post office how I can get prove and send it to PayPal??

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

We really can't say for sure whether PayPal would accept it or not.  All we can say is provide as much info and hope for the best.  In my experience and observation seeing cases that come through here, not very likely.  Just do what you can now.  If PayPal closes the case, come back and leave a post here.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.