How many days or months I can put back to $0.00 and avoid dis-honest fee?

RomerJon17
Contributor
Contributor

Hello Paypal,

My name is Jonathan R, and I'm a Paypal user for many years since 2012, and my Paypal account status is great satisfaction. This month or next month, I'm going to buy a new laptop for my next year study use and I'm pretty worried about the laptop will be out of stock quickly until Christmas. I'm currently employed, and I will start working casual next month in December 2017. 

Laptop here - http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/4K-6th-Gen-i7-6500U-16GB-256GB-SSD-Toshiba-Satellite-P50W-C-15-6-Laptop-T...

If I buy this laptop with PAYPAL and receive a negative balance in 3-5 days, how many days or months I can put back to $0.00 and avoid dis-honest fee? Otherwise, I can contact Paypal to discuss it or keep watching my purchase until at the end of December 2016.

Best regards,
Jonathan Romer

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Their time limit is "Soon as possible".  And any money that is sent to your account in the meantime will go to cover the negative balance.

From PayPal FAQs:

What should I do if my balance is negative?

When your account balance is negative, we suggest that you review your recent activity to find out why.

If your account balance is negative because of insufficient funds, please add funds to your account as soon as possible.
If you suspect unauthorized activity on your account, please report it immediately through the Resolution Center.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Their time limit is "Soon as possible".  And any money that is sent to your account in the meantime will go to cover the negative balance.

From PayPal FAQs:

What should I do if my balance is negative?

When your account balance is negative, we suggest that you review your recent activity to find out why.

If your account balance is negative because of insufficient funds, please add funds to your account as soon as possible.
If you suspect unauthorized activity on your account, please report it immediately through the Resolution Center.

Login to Me Too

RomerJon17
Contributor
Contributor

I have two months to order the laptop. Hopefully, it will last until at the end of December 2016.
Hmm, I'll ask the seller if the quantity is still high and I haven't seen anyone buying the laptop since June 2016 which is pretty long time. 

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Well, good luck to ya.  Hope you can get laptop without negative balance. Smiley Happy

Login to Me Too

RomerJon17
Contributor
Contributor

Whenever I see negative balance in my Paypal account, I get crazy to get it back to $0.00 balance. xD 
I've contacted to the seller, and I won't buy the laptop yet when I have the full amount. I do not like to cause significant risk with Paypal. 

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

image.png

Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

when you buy something,PAYPAL will use your choice of payment as specified by you in your Paypal account-paypal fund,bank account,credit card.

Your PAYPAL account cannot be negative,if it is not enough to cover the laptop,then it will take the remaining from your bank or credit card.

if not enough fund in your bank account,then it will go after your credit card.

Login to Me Too

RomerJon17
Contributor
Contributor

I've already contacted the seller and I just have to wait until at the end of December 2016 to purchase the laptop with no negative balance on Paypal.

For my safety, I avoid using credit cards, and I only use a direct debit card to buy stuff online. 

Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@RomerJon17

If I buy this laptop with PAYPAL and receive a negative balance in 3-5 days, how many days or months I can put back to $0.00 and avoid dis-honest fee? Otherwise, I can contact Paypal to discuss it or keep watching my purchase until at the end of December 2016.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

The only time when your account could go negative in 3-5 days is when your bank fund is insufficient ,Paypal wil try twice to  collect the fund,and your bank wil charge you NSF if your bank is a US bank.

Paypal will not wait for months for you to fill the hole,

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.