Cannot continue claim about a subscription - past 180 days. What now?

kaylamacomber
Contributor
Contributor

I paid for a subscription service (a downloadable pack of artwork, to be updated each month) back in December of 2016, and it was scheduled to start the following month. Up until about August of 2017, everything was great. I was getting what I paid for, no problems whatsoever. Then the seller dropped off the face of the earth, and all of their social media.

I attempted to contact them, ask what was going on, but to no avail. All messages either left on 'read' or totally ignored. They then posted on their Twitter they had been through a very rough divorce, and was trying to get back up on their feet. I understood, no harm no foul. Appreciated the update. Then... more months drag on, no additional words or updates.

Fast forward to January, and they post again on their Twitter that they are working hard on getting back to their subscriber base, and will release more products soon. Nothing. No updates or word since the 3rd of January, and again, ignored messages.

Unfortunately I am not alone. There are hundreds of other subscribers angry and frustrated, as they are in the same boat I am in, or worse, the seller's website to download the subscription service is down, so they're efficiently flushing money down the drain when they discover they are unable to download the files. 

There is now a rumor circulating the seller has "changed their PayPal e-mail as to avoid chargebacks", but I have yet to see any proof. Regardless, in my eyes, looks like the seller waited until the 180 days was up, and vanished, knowing we could not file a claim or dispute.

I'm so frustrated and want my money back. Is there any way to go about this?

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.