Long Delays in Downloading History

Fastmurphy
Contributor
Contributor

We have been using the Download History facility everyday for our daily tranaction report. In the past week it has started taking far too long to process.  Previously it took under 5 minutes, now it is taking several hours and sometimes much longer.  Sometimes it times out over 24 hours and cancels the request.  This is becoming very frustrating as we update our accounting records daily.

Does anyone have any experience and or advice?

Login to Me Too
66 REPLIES 66

simpleport
Contributor
Contributor

No replies form PP and it really does seem to be related to the release of the new UI. I can only suggest to try downloading in smaller chunks try a week at-a-time see if that works for you. I and several of my users are getting the transaction files (albeit in hours insetad of minutes) by using a smaller date range selection. I have also escalated this through the PP biz development office in Chandler AZ as well. It does not affect my account that has not been migrated to the new UI, I still get that data in seconds.

Login to Me Too

Mr_Dave
Contributor
Contributor

That doesn't work for me - it'll take almost a month to download the three months of data I need - you can only do 3 requests at once and its taking 7 hours per request for 1 days worth of data!

I'll need the next 3 months worth in 22 days too......

They need to get this fixed.

Login to Me Too

simpleport
Contributor
Contributor

Well, that's just totally **bleep**, you do have a ticket open with PP merchnat services, right.? The more tickets opend the better an opportunity to force those idiots to get this fixed. I guess I'm lucky it only takes about seven hours or so to get one week's worth of data so I paln accordingly and request the download way ahead of when I actually need it, but it's still a pain.

Login to Me Too

Mr_Dave
Contributor
Contributor

Quite! 🙂

Yep, got a ticket open, but they keep sending me messages to my now non-existent 'message centre'! 

I've got a ticket open for that too, but  it goes like this:

Me: 'I can't open my message centre'

CS: 'Click on the notification icon to open your message centre'

Me: 'I have, it says No new notifications'

CS: 'Oh, thats strange. Ok, we'll email you'

Me: Get an email telling me how to open the message centre. I reply and say that its not working. Then I get another message saying check your message centre, you've got a new message.

So its the 40 minute wait on the phone to talk to somone.....

Thank God for Amazon eh?

Login to Me Too

simpleport
Contributor
Contributor

AMZ seller central fees are exorbitant, however they are getting into direct competition with PP and offering  the same service provider  processing at the PP intial rate of 2.9% + .30 p/txn, so this does now put them in direct competition with PP. I will say, when it works the PP txn history data is actually pretty good, the AMZdata not quite as robust, but time will tell how this "PayPal killer" competition works. Google Checkout flamed out and died.

Login to Me Too

AlbertSg
Contributor
Contributor

Wow -- came looking for answers on this issue and this thread pretty well saves me the trouble of asking.

Hhow in the worls can it be that a company whose entire business is money trasactionscan be so incompetent in providing people their transaction history?  is there a big video file attatched to each exchange? Do they have sweatshop warehouses with thousands of underpaid accountants doing everything with paper and pencil?

WHAT?

It seems as though maybe Paypal has the same problem as eBay has had:  without substantial competition they don't push themselves to offer a superior product.   This tree is ripe for shaking.

Login to Me Too

Mr_Dave
Contributor
Contributor

Deep joy. 30 hours later and I get another three of these.....

Sorry, we were unable to process your request to download the following log:xxxx 2016throughxxx 2016.

The failure may have been caused by an unexpected system error or unusually high demand on our servers.

Please try your download again. We apologise for any inconvenience.

Yours sincerely,

PayPal

Copyright © 1999-2016 PayPal. All rights reserved.

Staggering. This broke in Feb, it's now APRIL!!!!!

Login to Me Too

Qosto
Contributor
Contributor

I'm also expiriencing a long delay - so far 3 hours wait for 1 year transactions as CSV. (used to be 15 minitues or so in the past) This is very important for my business. Please resolve ASAP.

Login to Me Too

Mr_Dave
Contributor
Contributor

1 years worth! You'll be lucky 😉

I guess its not worked yet?

It took 7 hours for 1 days worth of transactions for me..... There were 15 transactions on that day, so that like 30 minutes per transaction.

I actually need 3 months worth, soon to be 6 months worth.

Login to Me Too

semillas
Contributor
Contributor

My last download today took 2:10h for 4 transactions!!!

Every bank has an area where you can instantly download your transactions in different formates like csv, pdf or for use in financial software.

It´s instantly, with no delay.

What I see at Paypal is third world performance, it´s a shame!!! 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.