Long Delays in Downloading History

Fastmurphy
Contributor
Contributor

We have been using the Download History facility everyday for our daily tranaction report. In the past week it has started taking far too long to process.  Previously it took under 5 minutes, now it is taking several hours and sometimes much longer.  Sometimes it times out over 24 hours and cancels the request.  This is becoming very frustrating as we update our accounting records daily.

Does anyone have any experience and or advice?

Login to Me Too
66 REPLIES 66

tereno

hi there i am facing the same problem of unable to download history, this is since 3 weeks ago. Have requested to download 10 times and all the download was cancelled by paypal.

Login to Me Too

koba1978

I've had same problem many times since 2010. CS always suggested killing virus, changing browsers, delete caches. I've wasted much time and been tired on communicating with CS. CS has ever suggest me to sign up a new account. That worked and the transaction history was downloaded instantly without email notification. But it delayed by becoming an old account after weeks. I am confusing why PayPal can't fix it after years.

Login to Me Too

Mr_Dave
Contributor
Contributor

This is a new problem thats only been affecting people since the end of Feb. Well, I say its new, its APRIL tomorrow!!!

Fix it Paypal!

I've still yet to have any sucess downloading anything for the last month. I've had to estimate my tax return as I'm unable to download the correct figures.

Paypal is effectively a bank - could you imagine if this was a high-street bank that was unable to provide statements for customers for over a month, and they don't seem to care it seems!

Login to Me Too

Mr_Dave
Contributor
Contributor

Wow, I just tried to download 1 single days worth of transactions.

It took 7 hours.

I need to download 3 months of them..............

Login to Me Too

tannee

Im experiencing the same problem still...omg.

Login to Me Too

Mr_Dave
Contributor
Contributor

Well at this rate, it'll take me 630 hours to download the transactions I need, basically a month.

Sort it out Paypal! Smiley MadSmiley MadSmiley Mad

Its beyond a joke now, we're trying to run businesses here!!!

Login to Me Too

info_gta
New Community Member

I have been waiting for more than 2.5 days to download logs so that I can import in QuickBooks.

None of them has completed. There is no ETA as well.

I have a Business account.

I called the CS and was told that they would upload a file and send me the link, more than 24 hours have passed and no response. This is not good. Later in the day, I tried calling and no one would pick up calls during call support hours.

**PLEASE RESOLVE THE ISSUE ASAP.**

Login to Me Too

Mr_Dave
Contributor
Contributor

Over a    MONTH  has passed now and I've just been greeted by yet another 'Log unavailable for download' email from Paypal.

Its an untenable situation and still no comment, explanation or fix eta from Paypal.

Shocking.......

Login to Me Too

jesterstb
New Community Member

Ugh

Thought it was just me until I searched here and now I'm rather wishing it WAS just me!

Didn't have a problem pulling Feb's report at start of March but have been trying since Friday to pull March's with no success.

Lengthy delays (usually takes an hour or two to process) followed by my request vanishing altogether.

Taxman won't be impressed! Shall I get him on Paypal's case? Maybe he'll get their backsides into gear!

Login to Me Too

Mr_Dave
Contributor
Contributor

Has Paypal bothered do update anyone yet?

Still the logs fail. Its taking about 30 hours before the 'Log unavailable for download' messages come through to me now.

I rang the taxman at the start of March and explained the situation. They were quite understanding at the time. I'm not sure how long that will last though...

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.