I am afraid that my seller won't refund me and runaway when I close the claim

tacovendor
Contributor
Contributor

Hi all Irecently purchased something through 'goods and services' because of the sellers incompetance I decided to cancel the transaction and request a refund. The problem was that even though giving a refund is as simple hitting the refund button on the transaction the seller was no competant to perform the action. Instead what he did was send me  money through goods and services again which would not give me the full amount I gave him and because I thought no one should be this incompetant I decided to escalate the claim. The problem is is that when I raised a claim he couldn't accept the refund I gave him which he tried to give to me and he doesn't have the money to give me my refund unless I close the dispute so he can accept the money and put it on his account. I'm scared because I still believe he is trying to scam me and as soon as I close the dispute he will block me from all communications and runaway with my money. 

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Be careful what you do.

There are 2 transactions, correct?  A goods/services payment you made and a separate goods/services payment made by the seller to you.

For now, ignore the goods services that you received.

Focus on the refund for your payment.  I assume you filed a dispute for non-receipt for that transaction.  Make sure you escalate that to a claim as soon as possible.  After that PayPal will take over.

Do not close that dispute!  If you do, it's done.  You filed a dispute for a reason; stick with it.

The seller can issues a refund while the dispute is open.

Now for the goods/services you received.  Do nothing until your received your proper refund.

Login to Me Too

tacovendor
Contributor
Contributor
The way the guy tried to give me a refund is by giving me money through goods and services which I returned (but he can't add the money to his account because of the escalated claim) before posting about this issue. I will follow your advice since I am patient and I will let paypal take care of this.
Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Assuming you win, PayPal WILL get money from the guy

Login to Me Too

tacovendor
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks for the help!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.