Printing shipping labels

gr8wing
Contributor
Contributor

All of a sudden, today when printing a shipping label through paypal, it brings up the box, but nothing else.  Nothing to print, nothing to click on, nothing.  This is the first time this has happened.  I am still printing ok from ebay, but not paypal.  I have updated Java, I have restarted the computer, I have voided the label and started over, nada...  is this a paypal issue today or do I suddenly have issue with my system?  Anyone else see this?

Forgot to mention I am using Chrome and it has never done this to me before.

I just tried it through Internet Explorer and it printed.  Kinda confused, because both use the same Java to print.

Login to Me Too
30 REPLIES 30

kikin
Contributor
Contributor

i'm back to this problem...all browsers...just all of a sudden.  like it's been getting worse to now not at all.  :((  wth!!

Login to Me Too

fearlessrick
Contributor
Contributor

And PayPal's response to this ongoing problem is to delete posts. I called last night and got my money back from the labels that didn't print and were charged against my account, immediately, instead of having to wait two weeks. I encourage everyone to do the same and complain over the phone to PayPal reps until this issue is resolved.

I, for one, will not print any labels on PayPal until I see some response from PayPal or the USPS that this problem is being addressed and fixed.

Please keep posting if problems persist.

(My long post from yesterday was deleted). You want the truth? You can't handle the truth! (at least the execs at PayPal can't, apparently.

Login to Me Too

fearlessrick
Contributor
Contributor

After six or more hours of frustration and three phone calls to Paypal, a supervisor finally admitted that though it wasn't PayPal's problem, USPS labels won't print without the latest version of Java, which is 7.something. Since I have an older MAC (2007) I cannot upgrade to the newest java version, so, for now, I must go back to hand writing labels.

I am confident that the USPS and PAyPal will NOT resolve this issue for older OS and browsers. Just the wave of the future (hint: it's gruesome).

Good luck to all.

-Fearless Rick

Login to Me Too

whoopieslings
Contributor
Contributor

Can't you upgrade the Mac's operating sytem and then upgrade Java? Just wondering...

Login to Me Too

Old_Smith
Contributor
Contributor

I don't think it's you.

Login to Me Too

jlaney955
New Community Member

how do i get into IE  and go threw papypal to print myshipping  labes all i get is a box that show pitney -bowes trying to get me to pay 24.99 for something i dont need but  when shipping label is ready to print its no where  to be found, to print it i have lost alot of money to this   PLEASE HELP , !!!

Login to Me Too

whoopieslings
Contributor
Contributor

I'm sure no expert but the first thing that I would check is to see if you have the latest version of Java installed. And sure you void the labels that don't print. It may take 2 weeks to get your money back but you will. Might want to use USPS Click N' Ship if PayPal shipping doesn't get to working. Maybe someday PayPal will come up with a much better solution than what they have now.

Login to Me Too

FireSpirit
Contributor
Contributor

This is the error I'm getting when I try to print out my shipping labels:

The connection was interrupted

The connection to www.paypal.com was interrupted while the page was loading.

The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments.
    If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network connection.
    If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

I've spent too much time trying to print out my shipping labels, which usually I have no problem doing!!! Then I've had to go back & void them all & the process starts all over again.

I had this problem once before not too long ago & someone from PayPal told me to delete cookies & cache, which I did. I thought that had worked up until this evening when it started all over again!!! This is getting so frustrating!!! Is anyone else getting this error?
Thanks for any help that's out there relating to this problem!

Login to Me Too

ayenjay
Contributor
Contributor

I can't print my labels either. I printed half of them, and now it either says shipping is not available or that the money is not in my accoount for shipping, which is untrue. Have tried different browsers, different internet connections, restarting the computer and logging out and back in. No luck.

Login to Me Too

FireSpirit
Contributor
Contributor

I did receive an answer yesterday from PayPal (at least from my standpoint). The representative told me that it was a problem with the latest Firefox update from Mozilla & they were working on it to try & fix the problem as quickly as possible. I haven't had to print out any labels in the last day, but will later today. If I can print them, I'll try to update this answer, though I'm not sure it will help those of you who use a different browser & seem to be having the same problem. Anyway, I hope they get their heads together & get this fixed fast! It's really frustrating!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.