Got scammed for almost 200 Dollars. Provide Proof of sale, paypal does nothing.

DemonianX

First off, this was a sale of a virtual item. My first ever sale on Paypal. I provided screenshots of EVERY single second of contact I had with the buyer, every single conversation which include time stamps and links to the exact threads and websites. From the initial post I made offering the item, to the buyers response, to the FULL skype conversations, which even included a screenshot sent by THE BUYER where they showed they had made the purchase, showing the exact time and date meaning that the conversations where legitimate, and the person in the conversation was real. At the end of the conversation it even shows them thanking me for the deal in the skype conversation.

EXACTLY 30 DAYS after the purchase, they made a dispute, and wrote out the most half <bleep> excuse I have ever seen, providing 0% proof of anything. They claimed to have tried to contact me multiple times, including through phone calls, in which is an absolute lie, as I never once provided my phone number. Comparing grammar from the conversations I had, to the grammar in their dispute, its obvious they were doing their best to seem ignorant in an attempt to get pity from whichever half brained paypal employee handled my dispute. Read this:

• 8/3/2016 22:59 PDT - Buyer: I have previously bought an computer hardware and some games also and some items on it and accessories But after I sent the money the seller said to wait for a long time and I did do thatAfter waiting I tried reaching the seller and he never reaponded to meI tried calling him via skype and phone number and he never replied I waited a few more to see if he will reply or no but he never didSo I lost hope on him and Wanted to chargeback because he never replied and scammed meI really need my money back I really work hard for theseI tried so hard to reach him but he never replied

First off, lets take a look at this person's information:

• Abdullah <removed>
  • "INSERTOBVIOUSLYFAKEEMAILHERE"

Shipping address

<removed>

Obviously complete and total bogus. They write out a half <bleep> excuse of a dispute, in which their grammar and writing skills are purposely made to seem as though they are ignorant. I sent almost 30 screenshots to paypal, along with narratives so that the half brained person handling the dispute wouldn't confuse themselves. Within 24 hours I get an email from paypal saying that the scammer gets all my money. First off, anyone making a purchase of a virtual item off a website isn't going to pay 200 dollars, then wait to the exact end of the period I have to wait to be able to use my money , as it was my first sale on paypal and then request a dispute.

Paypal is a complete and total joke, and I will NEVER use this sad excuse of a website again for sales as they allow me to get scammed on my first sale.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

PayPal makes it very clear with seller protection policies that the seller must provide documented (tracking number) proof of delivery.  You did not do that.   PayPal makes it clear that you will lack seller protection for virtual items.

You will loose a claim by the buyer.

Selling virtual items on PayPal is extremely high risk for the seller.

PayPal is not a good selling venue for virtual items.

It will now be an expensive learning experience.

Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

follow Paypal seller protection rules,for that kind of money,next time send a first class package with a piece of candy and a thank you note with tracking,$2.45 is all it cost to get online viewable tracking.

When someone files  dispute,upload that tracking number  

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@lancelotme wrote:

for that kind of money,next time send a first class package with a piece of candy and a thank you note with tracking,$2.45 is all it cost to get online viewable tracking.

Now that's class! Smiley Happy

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

whoops !

Buyer is in Jordan,it would cost more to get tracking to Jordan.

May be just sell domestic no international 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.