From Now On I Am Not Going To Ship Items If Funds Are On Hold.

djpoptart92
Contributor
Contributor

Because the shipping costs are included in the funds.  If I have no access to the funds cause of the hold, then I have no access to the money the buyer pays for shipping.

Login to Me Too
610 REPLIES 610

edcolon85
Contributor
Contributor

Hey Everyone,

I just had one of my payments put on hold by Paypal it happend last night, I shipped the package out today. with Tracking info,

So how long do you think it is going to take for my money to clear....

Also ,

Amazon has a payment system better than paypal. look into it everyone

Login to Me Too

valerie717
Contributor
Contributor

I got my payment today. 3 days after it was delivered. I got my feedback today too.  I just have a couple of new video games to sell. Listed them on Amazon while I was waiting for my payment to clear.  Ebay really should have a warning page to new/casual sellers warning them that their payments will be held. If I'd seen that I would have listed on Amazon and not had to put up with this crap.

Login to Me Too

paysonboy
Contributor
Contributor

so far my experience with them has been if the item is received and you call them they will release the money. However what I have also noticed is that buyers are less inclined to leave feedback since this entire thing started, and thats what is really **bleep** me off. In the past 2 months I have sold about 10 different laptops. Not a single person has left any feedback. I even had one person buy one from me then "returned it"  saying that it wasn't the item I described. Well its a good thing that on all my laptops inside of them I put little markings so I can verify that it is mine. The one they returned was broken beyond belief and missing my markings, So I new it was not the one I had sent out. Once I sent before and after pictures to paypal. I was able to get the money back. But that was a pain in the butt. This entire thing is making me want to reevaluate my shipping policy, and try and figure out some way to get the shipping money prior to shipping the item, can you imagine buying something from amazon and telling them, I'll pay for the item after I've received it so I know its what I want? **bleep** most stores if you want something special ordered you have to pay in advance. Really this is a joke.

Login to Me Too

nedlnut
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

In the case of the returned laptop, what they did by shipping you back a broken one that you did not send to them - that was fraud. Since they sent it through the mail - wouldn't that make it mail fraud - a federal offense? It really would be nice if dishonest people like that were prosecuted. Is paypal going after them? Have you written your state attorney general?

Just a thought

@paysonboy wrote:

so far my experience with them has been if the item is received and you call them they will release the money. However what I have also noticed is that buyers are less inclined to leave feedback since this entire thing started, and thats what is really **bleep** me off. In the past 2 months I have sold about 10 different laptops. Not a single person has left any feedback. I even had one person buy one from me then "returned it"  saying that it wasn't the item I described. Well its a good thing that on all my laptops inside of them I put little markings so I can verify that it is mine. The one they returned was broken beyond belief and missing my markings, So I new it was not the one I had sent out. Once I sent before and after pictures to paypal. I was able to get the money back. But that was a pain in the butt. This entire thing is making me want to reevaluate my shipping policy, and try and figure out some way to get the shipping money prior to shipping the item, can you imagine buying something from amazon and telling them, I'll pay for the item after I've received it so I know its what I want? **bleep** most stores if you want something special ordered you have to pay in advance. Really this is a joke.

Login to Me Too

hackedoff
New Community Member

I TOTALLY agree that the policy is WRONG.  Ebay/Paypal is punishing EVERYONE for the actions of some.  I have sold on ebay for awhile and have NO negative feedbacks BUT on my last sale the money is still being held even though the package was delivered 3 days ago and I PROVED that it was.  I am leaving ebay and paypal because of this. . .hopefully they will get the message and change back to the original agreement. . .if someone messes up, punish them, not all of us. . .paypal is earning interest on OUR money. . .this is SO wrong. . .just sign me. . .still waiting for MY money.

Login to Me Too

BatsonElect
Contributor
Contributor

I have researched Amazon and I am switching in January. For computers the fee is 6% plus .99. That is about the same as I pay now with PayPal and all the fees totaled. I sell everything with no refunds but due to PayPals policy anyone can get a refund for 45 days. All they have  to do is say it is "not as described" and you are forced to refund it.  It isn't as good for lower cost items but my sales are $400-$1000 each so for me it is much better. It is so easy to scam PAyPal due to their policies.( the seller is the one that gets hurt ) Good luck everyone. It is too bad PayPAl has changed the way they do things. I will let everyone know how Amazon is next year.

Login to Me Too

Michael72
Contributor
Contributor

The best way to show PayPal we've had enough is to leave them! More and more options are becoming available. Check out this one that American Express is purchasing!

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5iODFWhaFoN-9kP80MamuARuedQ5g

Login to Me Too

JehovahJireh
Contributor
Contributor

Are you (sellers) allowed to sell on ebay without accepting Paypal? It was required for me when I signed up..

Login to Me Too

BatsonElect
Contributor
Contributor

Based on the policy changes they sent me earlier in the year, PayPal or other on-line payment method is required and paper payments  of any kind are prohibited.  If you offer Money order or require it Ebay will remove the listing as Electronic payment is required. ( PayPal or other ). The rep told me it was because 8% of check/money order/cert. check payments result in problems. He mentioned there were too many fraud checks being written. I explained to him I only took Postal Money orders ( when I was allowed ) so I cold go to local USPS  and quickly verify they were legit moey orders and doing that did not slow the shipping like regular checks do. He said it didn't matter, no paper payments allowed. Paypal doesn't want to loose the 3% they get from the payments. It is not about the buyer or the seller when it comes to payment. They are doing their best to monopolize Ebay payments. ( They are owned by Ebay )

Login to Me Too

Brashi
Contributor
Contributor

Pay Pal takes 2.9% of the total sale, shipping and merchandise .... plus .30 per transaction. That is why sellers want the buyers to wait for one invoice when combining shipping. Also notice Pay Pal takes their fee out of the TOTAL where as eBay only takes a percentage of the sale amount.  Why do you think they push sellers to offer FREE Shipping? LOL something as a seller, I  would not offer. Just thought I would put this information out there .... though I am sure most everyone already knows this.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.