Stop PayPal hold on your money

why_me
Contributor
Contributor

Has anybody sign a statement to hold your money for 21 days.  Not me!

I belief it is against the law!  

I all so belief we can do something about it. Email your congress and tell then what’s going on with PayPal.

I am going to email them about 10 or 25 times. It’s about time we stopped this!

PayPal is making money by holding it for 21 days.

So let’s stand up and stop it. Email every one you know and have them email congress to.

Login to Me Too
45 REPLIES 45

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

@PaymateOnly wrote:

For the record I can tell you another reason PayPal will put you on 21 day holds. Thats for filing a complaint against them with the BBB. They responded to my complaint and started the holds the same day. And still have not notified me that they are going to hold my funds. I am waiting to see how long it takes them. They claim they will notify you so maybe I have them for a breach of contract here.

Does anybody else get the fact that a poster posting with an ID of PAYMATE is here just to run down Paypal so that Paymate, a competing service, can try to pick up more members?

Paypal doesn't care about individual members enough to take revenge on them.

Login to Me Too

PaymateOnly
Contributor
Contributor

Well PayPal refunded my money they took for the claim. It's funny how they will email you directly and call you on the phone when you file a BBB complaint and then complain because they attack you for the complaint. When I brought that up they went crazy trying to make me happy. I think I nailed them. But I refuse to let them off the hook. I have contacted a Birmingham TV station and they are interested in doing a story on it. One of those "6 on your side" kind of deals. I know PayPal and eBay will love the free publicity. 

Login to Me Too

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

@gosox wrote:

If you want to sell, THAT'S THE RULES.

Now live with it or sell somewhere else.

DO U WORK FOR PAYPAL??  IF NOT THEY SHOULD PAY U FOR  ALL THE NONSENSE U LIST ON HERE...

PEOPLE HAVE THE RIGHT TO KNOW WHY THEIR MONEY IS BEING HELD, WHICH NEVER SEEMS TO GET ANSWERED.   IT IS NOT PAYPAL'S MONEY, HOW CAN U HOLD SOMETHING THAT DOES NOT BELONG TO YOU, AND THEN SAY WHEN U ARE GOING TO RELEASE IT...SOMETHING IS NOT RIGHT AND PEOPLE ARE NOT STUPID..THERE IS MONEY TO BE MADE HERE AND THEY ARE TAKING ADVANTAGE..HAVE U BEEN PLACED ON HOLD, WITH NO COMPLAINTS?

Smiley Very Happy

No, I do not work for paypal, nor am I "in their pocket".

PEOPLE HAVE THE RIGHT TO KNOW WHY THEIR MONEY IS BEING HELD

Their money is being held because they are either new sellers or they are selling in a category that has been deemed high-risk or they have bad feedback that causes them to be more of a risk than good sellers - pick the explanation that applies to you.

And, unless you can find SPECIFIC LANGUAGE in the Paypal User Agreement that gives you this "Right to Know", it does not exist.  There is NO such language.

You are told every time that you list that Paypal may subject your money to a hold.  You have been given proper notice.

What the ranters on this board are doing is taking such a decision as a personal attack on their honesty - it's not.  It's simply a decision applied acoss the board to certain sections of sellers where Paypal has experienced problems in the past.

It has NOTHING to do with you personally.

Login to Me Too

omg18
Contributor
Contributor

Who are you? Your total lack of consideration for these posters' concerns and frustrations is amazing. You're not an "advisor" at all... I've seen no advice from you, just smarmy comments and power mad insults.  Perhaps people can't  just "live with it or sell somewhere else"-

As a small business seller myself I can understand the problems being created for people whose funds are being held for no apparent reason other than "they can be".  In today's economy it's tough enough to eek out a living selling online because you are unable to work outside the home for some reason. When every sale brings you a step closer to food, medicine or the rent it means a lot. To be told that you can't have access to funds that you are legitmately entitled to when you did everything you should at your end is a blow.

This is my first time on the forum and, based on what I've seen, will probably be my last. It seems to be just a forum for people like "surplusdealdude" (that says alot in iteself, doesn't it?) to feel important for awhile rather than be helpful and informative.

Good luck to all of you sellers who are struggling to survive with this kind of hurdle.

Login to Me Too

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

Who are you? Your total lack of consideration for these posters' concerns and frustrations is amazing. You're not an "advisor" at all... I've seen no advice from you, just smarmy comments and power mad insults.  Perhaps people can't  just "live with it or sell somewhere else"-

They don't have a choice in the matter - this is the new reality for Paypal.

This is likely the most minor obstacle that you're going to run into in online selling.  If it stops you now, then you weren't going to make it anyway - best to find out now so you can go be sucessful doing something else.

If you can't adapt, leave.  Paypal isn't going to change just because it's a problem for you.

Better to leave with the option of coming back later when you ARE prepared to sell properly than to be botted off the site permanently with no option to return, which is what's going to happen to most of these people who spend their time whining about a problem instead of solving it.

Login to Me Too

omg18
Contributor
Contributor

Still just overrun with compassion for others I see. I know this was not an answer directed at me because I don't have any problems with my business or Paypal and never have. And if I did it wouldn't be appropriate of YOU to tell me to adapt or leave. Most of the people writing here are not  "whining", they're frustrated. And I think the boards should be for helping people who are having issues and problems not criticizing and insulting them.   "Prepared to sell properly" ?  By whose standards, yours? You don't know anyone else's circumstances.Get over yourself! Since you clearly consider yourself such an expert maybe you could make some civil and sensible suggestions instead of trying to prove how far above everyone else you are. You might actually have some good tips for others if you could just come off your high horse and share them. 

Login to Me Too

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

Still just overrun with compassion for others I see.

Bud, this is business, not some nursery school.

If you want compassion, think of all the buyers out there that are getting messed up by these newbies that should never have been allowed to sell anywhere in the first place.

You're either prepared to sell properly or you're not.  All I'm seeing are whiny rants from people that are inconvenienced by a perfectly justifiable restriction designed to make sure that they do their job properly.

If they are not prepared to do their job properly, then they shouldn't be selling - that's not a really hard concept.

Most of the people writing here are not  "whining", they're frustrated.

They're WHINING.

Their payment date has been extended by all of 5 days in most cases, and these idiots are running around screaming that the sky is falling.

2 years ago, they couldn't even file an Unpaid Item dispute for 8 days and couldn't close it for 7 days after that.

Now, in most cases, they can send an item Priority mail, have it delivered in 2-3 days, phone paypal to alert them and get their money right away.

That would solve the problem.

Instead of solving the problem, they're refusing to ship for up to 21 days and getting themselves booted off ebay.

It's just a stupid response and ebay is well rid of stupid sellers.

"Prepared to sell properly" ?  By whose standards, yours? You don't know anyone else's circumstances

I don't need to "know their circumstances".

The sad fact is that, for some people, online selling is not an option.  They can find that out over the long term, after annoying customer after customer and driving them away from the selling sites on which I operate, or they can learn up front that this is work and you have to do it properly.

If they're not up to it, I want them gone NOW.

MY customers are hard-working, good people.  They don't need the self-centered CARP that I'm seeing from these whiny babies and I won't tolerate them being subjected to it.

You want to feel sorry for someone?

Feel sorry for the VICTIMS of these losers, not for the losers themselves.

Login to Me Too

omg18
Contributor
Contributor

"If they're not up to it, I want them gone NOW"

"these idiots..."

"stupid sellers"......

"I won't tolerate "......

And so we've come full circle- my first question way back when with your "advice" was "Who ARE you" ? You won't tolerate, you want them gone, they are idiots and stupid sellers-

I've wasted enough time trying to pull out just a trace of humanity from you. It obviously serves you well to have this God complex- that's good, I hope you feel good about yourself at the end of the day. Do tell, do you keep a score card of how many people a day you made feel insignificant? Whatever floats your boat...

Oh, and by the way, I'm not your "Bud"....dude

Login to Me Too

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

Oh, and by the way, I'm not your "Bud"....dude

Of course not - you wouldn't even make the first cut.

I notice that YOU offer no solutions, you just like to backbite others who do.

I'm one that does.

When people ask a question or honestly need help, I answer them.

When people are acting like crybabies over an insignificant issue, I give them a well-deserved boot in the rear.

I really don't care if you approve or not.

Login to Me Too

hoffman450

You sir are a complete...and utter **bleep**. I've retired from the military, had a great career as a civilian, met at least million people in my lifetime...Karma, and its fruits will come to us all.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.