Stop PayPal hold on your money

why_me
Contributor
Contributor

Has anybody sign a statement to hold your money for 21 days.  Not me!

I belief it is against the law!  

I all so belief we can do something about it. Email your congress and tell then what’s going on with PayPal.

I am going to email them about 10 or 25 times. It’s about time we stopped this!

PayPal is making money by holding it for 21 days.

So let’s stand up and stop it. Email every one you know and have them email congress to.

Login to Me Too
45 REPLIES 45

anns904
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks so much for the info, I will ask for the agreement. I am so glad that I ran across this post because if they had all of a sudden started to hold the funds I would have been like these other people and upset not knowing that it was part of the agreement.  I know that none of us want to have the money held but we also do not want to be scammed ourselves.

Login to Me Too

anns904
Contributor
Contributor

I just read the agreement and it says that PayPal may at it's discretion place a hold it does not say that every eBay transaction will be held. Maybe that is why mine has not been held so far because I don't deal in high value articles. Or maybe it is because I have the buyer credit and they know they can always just charge the amount to my credit account if a dispute arises. Either way I, again, thank you for the info.

Login to Me Too

shumeka1975

you are so right this criminal;it is like the bank is holding a gun to me and they are robbing me.i feel betrayed!!!!

Login to Me Too

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

@shumeka1975 wrote:

you are so right this criminal;it is like the bank is holding a gun to me and they are robbing me.i feel betrayed!!!!

Oh, knock off the drama queen nonsense.

This is standard practice in online selling.

Merchant banks hold back a portion of the funds on a perpetual basis - if you're in a high scam product, the portion is very high - you get your money after 6 months.

If you sell on Amazon, you don't get anything until you prove you've sent the package.

Sellers on ebay have been getting a free ride and now the free ride is over.

Login to Me Too

Contributor
Contributor

Hello, I'm just starting a business from home selling some small and big things. when I sold some thing then I need that money to buy some more item for sell it again. But since Paypal holding the money I can get the money that I got from buyer Then I'm stuck have no money to go buy new items to sell it.

I sell 5-8 iPhone each week now I can only sell 3 iPhone each week because I have no money to put down, Paypal holding it all. **bleep** it.  

Paypal is like a way for people to do a business seller get money then seller take that money to go buy more product to sell more but if paypal holding all the money then how seller going to get the money to buy more product.

What a stupid idea. 

Who's thinks this idea up it's like a way to tell seller not to use paypal with ebay any more.

Paypal holding payment is not right! we pay fees to use paypal. paypal have no right to do this such thing.

if paypal don't take no fees then I don't even care if Paypal holding my money or not.

I understand it's safer for buyer but to get refund for Paypal can get the money from seller any way because to become seller you have to tell Paypal your address phone number bank account if paypal know all these thing it's a piece of cake to get the money back to buyer.

Login to Me Too

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

@25472547 wrote:

Hello, I'm just starting a business from home selling some small and big things. when I sold some thing then I need that money to buy some more item for sell it again. But since Paypal holding the money I can get the money that I got from buyer Then I'm stuck have no money to go buy new items to sell it.

I sell 5-8 iPhone each week now I can only sell 3 iPhone each week because I have no money to put down, Paypal holding it all. **bleep** it.  

Paypal is like a way for people to do a business seller get money then seller take that money to go buy more product to sell more but if paypal holding all the money then how seller going to get the money to buy more product.

What a stupid idea. 

Who's thinks this idea up it's like a way to tell seller not to use paypal with ebay any more.

Paypal holding payment is not right! we pay fees to use paypal. paypal have no right to do this such thing.

if paypal don't take no fees then I don't even care if Paypal holding my money or not.

I understand it's safer for buyer but to get refund for Paypal can get the money from seller any way because to become seller you have to tell Paypal your address phone number bank account if paypal know all these thing it's a piece of cake to get the money back to buyer.

REALITY CHECK

You don't have a choice in the matter and, if you do it properly, you have to wait about a week to 10 days at most.

If that cripples your new business, you need to go back and completely re-think what you're doing.

In the Real world, you'd be waiting 30-60 days for your money.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.