Paypal Labels Suddenly Printing Too Small

pajarhead
Contributor
Contributor

I have printed hundreds of shipping labels through Paypal.  They always measured 6 X 4 inches.  Suddenly this morning they started printing 5.5 X 3.5 inches which is too small to be easily legible.  Sometimes it will even print at 5 X 3.  I changed none of my IE8 settings or printer settings.  Defaults set to print at 100% as always.  What is really strange is that if I use the sample label link that appears on an actual label window it will print 6 X 4.  But if I print an actual label from the same window it will print at 5.5 X 3.5 inches.  I have two printers and both produce same results. 

What happened so suddenly?  Is there anything I can do about it?  Is there a bug in the program?

Login to Me Too
14 REPLIES 14

deere140
Contributor
Contributor

I am having the same problem.  I have tried another computer/printer and that did not help.  I think it is a problem with Ebay/Paypal.  The labels print fine from USPS.  The problem is that I can't print Media Mail and Parcel Post from there!

Login to Me Too

pajarhead
Contributor
Contributor

I've had more time to play with this.  I have three computers and two printers.  No matter which combination of computer/printer I use the result is the same.  It still prints small labels.

I don't know if eBay/Paypal will ever fix this.  EBay's blocked buyer exemption website has been down for at least two weeks and will probably never be fixed.  I can't believe that eBay/Palpal can't fix a problem immediately.  I guess they just don't care.  I would call them, but all they would do is apologize and say how sorry they are and blame the problem on me. 

Login to Me Too

deere140
Contributor
Contributor

Well that answers another question! I have been having trouble with the exemption list also.  Are you going to ship with the smaller labels?

Login to Me Too

pajarhead
Contributor
Contributor

I print the first label on plain paper to make sure of it's size.  Then I use my printer settings to print the next label at a larger size - usually 110%.  That makes the 5.5 X 3.5 label about same size as it was before the program became FUBAR.  I actually had a default label print earlier today that was only 2 inches wide. 

You should send an email to Paypal like I did.  If enough people **bleep** they might fix it.  

Login to Me Too

deere140
Contributor
Contributor

I sent a message to Paypal, the response didn't help.  After a while I downloaded Firefox and tried it as my browser.  In Firefox I set it to 100% and it works great now.  I think it is a problem with Paypal and Internet Explorer.  Try the Firefox it works!

Login to Me Too

pajarhead
Contributor
Contributor

I checked your account on eBay.  You have zero feedback.  Have you ever printed a Paypal label?

Login to Me Too

deere140
Contributor
Contributor

This is not my eBay ID.  I print about 35 a week.

Login to Me Too

pajarhead
Contributor
Contributor

Sorry!  There is an eBay user with the same user name as you are using here.

I have 3 computers and 2 printers. No matter which combination of computers/printers I use the problem persists. Beginning the morning of May 18th all Paypal labels are printing small. Labels printed from USPS Click-N- Ship print OK.

This absolutely has to be a Paypal problem. I emailed them, but they said I was creating the problem and hinted that I should go crawl under a rock someplace and stop bothering them which is exactly what I expected them to say. This recently was a problem in Firefox, but that was fixed. Apparantly it is now happening in IE8 also.

I refuse to install Firefox just to circumvent what Paypal has **bleep**ed up.

Login to Me Too

shar-e
Contributor
Contributor

Too wierd, I'm having the opposite problem.

I've tried to print the same label 3 times but it is printing an oversized label and cutting off the top section. I have had to void all 3 labels.  I have made not changes to my computer or printer either.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.