HORRIBLE IDEA TO HOLD FUNDS FOR 21 DAYS!!!

gearhed78
Contributor
Contributor

Holding funds from sellers until the buyer leaves feedback is the worst idea EVER! Since when does Paypal become an authority on buyer satisfaction?? A smooth transaction is all that I wanted from Paypal. If they are going to hold funds, then they should make it very clear BEFORE you use them!  Keeping my money in their account for 21 days is a HUGE disadvantage of using Paypal. Stick to transferring funds,not trying to be a satisfaction authority!

Login to Me Too
6,286 REPLIES 6,286

StonePilot
Contributor
Contributor

I have a 10+ year history with eBay and have been using PayPal for a good number of years as well.  This is just the straw that broke the camels back.  I've got $1200 waiting for me that PayPal just decided to hold onto.  F U PayPalm I'm done.

Login to Me Too

TDgiftsonline
Contributor
Contributor

I sat on hold for 52 minutes tonight to be told that I won't get my money until 1) HE PICKS UP THE PACKAGE AND I CAN PROVE IT GOT DELIVERED or 2) HE LEAVES ME POSITIVE FEEDBACK. The fact that I proved it was delivered but he was not concerned enough to be there to accept it is of no consequence. Because I do not have a feedback rating of 100 keeps me from getting paid for a job I completed two days ago. Now I've been on eBay since 07 and I've been with PayPal since before '95 and I am VERIFIED!!!! I feel that this is a slap in the face. I had to set up a new eBay account because I was moving so much my old account lapsed. My old account had well over 200+ feedback. Now I have 47 AND my rating is 100%. BUT I am told that until I do get 100+ feedback....this will keep happening.

This is B S!

Login to Me Too

tk27
Contributor
Contributor

I dont really understand it. I sell a game for 76 dollars and get it instantly and another for 46 and i have to wait for it on hold. So how come the 76 dollars didnt get held and they were in the same video game category. For the 46 dollars I already got it confirmed delivered on the 28th and its past 3 days on paypal and ebay with the tracking number so i dont even know how much longer before it does get released. my feedback is only 42 but it should be around 70 plus if people left me feedback.

Login to Me Too

madjen
Contributor
Contributor

To TD gifts, they are LYING to you about not having a high enough feedback score.

Look at the other complaints and you will see that. I have a hold on my account,

1400+ points,100% feedback nd DSR above 4.5. They have held my money over the

holidays and I have a written hold above my account. The thing is that they tell everyone a different

story. None of this makes sense on the surface, I am convinced they have a hidden agenda.

I am moving to another place myself. Don't believe what they tell you!!!!!!!! And always demand a

supervisor and question them on everything.

Login to Me Too

ebayseller101
Contributor
Contributor

Thank God I'm not the only one.. I thought I had done something wrong. Comes to find out not me But here. First off I'm a small time seller. I make handmade crafts. I don't have extra money in my account for shipping. That's why it's charged in my ebay listings.  I had to borrow money just to print out a label and ship my items and hope they release it soon so I can pay back my borrower. This is ridiculous.

I can understand some people needing this option. Paypal has been **bleep**ed by a few, but because of them We all have to suffer. Not right. Pay Pal should us this option for people with Bad Feedback ratings.  That I could get. Not those with 100%. IDK i'm getting a little tired of this. I'm not sure if I wanna continue to sell on Ebay or use Pay Pal after this.Man Mad

Login to Me Too

newbie1
Contributor
Contributor

I want my money too!  My buyer has received & signed for the items, from e-bay!  WHAT'S UP??  It's been almost three weeks.  Do they not want smaller sellers or first timers?  I notice the e-bay fee & paypal fees came out, no problem.  Since reading some of the posts here , it appears that this is a wide-spread problem.    Does paypal  own e-bay?  Who can we talk to?  My buyers don't post feedback.  I don't know how to get them to.  Help!!

Login to Me Too

madjen
Contributor
Contributor

To Newbie, From everything I have heard in addition to the writing on the wall,

it does appear that ebay owns paypal. When your buyer pays you, inform them

that you will ONLY leave them feedback after they have left you feedback, as you

will not get paid without feedback. Although many people HAVE received feedback

and their funds were still on hold. I can say from my experience, anything goes...

who knows, they seem to be making up new rules as it goes.

In any case, you have to get it through to your buyers that immediate feedback is needed.

Then If your funds are not released you need to bug paypal and ebay. Good luck!

Login to Me Too

newbie1
Contributor
Contributor

Madjen & Helpful Folks - Thank you so much!  It was good help & info.  The tip about buyers posting feedback before we can ship is a good one.  If paypal owns ebay, it sounds like they are making buyers jump through hoops for whatever reason.  Does paypal make short-term interest on the money they hold on to ?  I don't know anything about this arena, but I have heard of it (over alonger time period, like 60 days)  It's like in construction or advertising.  The client pays the ad agency in full, the agency holds on to the money for 60-90 days (making interest on it)  then pays the suppliers ( like radio or Tv stations, art people etc)  Maybe I'm on a tangent, but  it makes me so angry!!

Login to Me Too

Jose32
Contributor
Contributor

It sound like pay pal is a rip off, and I don't even use ebay. I use this for my business and my boss paid me $200 for a job, and they held it for a long time. They ended up forcing him to sign up for paypal and then they released the funds, but it took two weeks. I will continue to use them, but I hope they don't do this to all my clients. Oh yeah, I was selling a service. Web Design.

Login to Me Too

TDgiftsonline
Contributor
Contributor

I feel for each and every one of the sellers here. I have been dealing with this for well over 3 months now. All the threats and whining won't help. I was on hold for 42 minutes before I spoke to a Paypal rep. Only to be told there is nothing I/we can do. So I just have to let winners know and I'm gooing to incorperate this info into my future auctions of this policy and let buyers know that thanks to eBay  they may face a 21 day wait for their item unless feedback is left early. It's not our fault that eBay/Paypal is hurting their sale. What choice do we have. This relateing the "policy" is hurting them and us so maybe we can get others to cry foul and if enough complaints start comming in eBay will stop medelling in things thay have no business in. BTW...PayPal is OWNED by eBay.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.