HORRIBLE IDEA TO HOLD FUNDS FOR 21 DAYS!!!

gearhed78
Contributor
Contributor

Holding funds from sellers until the buyer leaves feedback is the worst idea EVER! Since when does Paypal become an authority on buyer satisfaction?? A smooth transaction is all that I wanted from Paypal. If they are going to hold funds, then they should make it very clear BEFORE you use them!  Keeping my money in their account for 21 days is a HUGE disadvantage of using Paypal. Stick to transferring funds,not trying to be a satisfaction authority!

Login to Me Too
6,286 REPLIES 6,286

Temp20230601K
Contributor
Contributor

it also seems that anyone who has sent me money for christmas through paypal is now haveing there accounts seized due to the ongoing issues i have with them i have told those people to request refunds since paypal will give them their money back no questions asked and to mail me money orders or checks paypal has gone around the bend for sure 

not just paypal but ebay as well they forgot who made them what they are today 

Login to Me Too

jff91462
Contributor
Contributor

Another thing I wanted to touch on is not all Buyer's of mine follow through and leave FEEDBACK!! So Im left waiting for the money to be freed up! Im not rich.. I live paycheck to paycheck and often sell to get by between paydays!

Also there was no warning or heads up on this scam !..Being treated like a child on allowance with My own money!

I may not sell anymore!  Release My Funds or I take My business elsewhere!!

Login to Me Too

madjen
Contributor
Contributor

Yes there was absolutely no heads up. At first I thought 'what could I have done?'

'Did someone file something against me?' I had to close my store and take off

all my listings, because I am like you, paycheck to paycheck and my sells on

ebay WAS going to be my money for Christmas, but I was left very short as I

had to quit selling, because I can't afford the shipping.

Today I signed up for ioffer, you get a free store and you get to keep your ebay

points. I am looking for a good checkout to replace paypal. I do not have any

repect for this company anymore. There is also ebids,etsy,ibids for ebay replacement.

There are google checkout,first date merchant services,etc.

Hope you have a decent Christmas, I know it's hard under the circumstances, but

we can't let them have power over us, they forget it is the sellers that made them!!!!!!!!

Login to Me Too

TDgiftsonline
Contributor
Contributor

I just had to sign up and agree with you on this! I've been on eBay (Member since: Jul-13-07) and paypal (I went as far back as tranactions in 1995!!!) a long time. I have never really sold high priced items but, just because I sell a $160.00 item is no reason to hold my funds!!!!! I re-signed up with ebay and lost all my previous feedback so I'm now a 47 (100% feedback to!)....but I've been on ebay buying $300.00+ things yet I get paid for something only a fraction of that???? C'mon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Login to Me Too

jbeavers34
New Community Member

Seller Beware!!!!!!!    Ive been a member of paypal since1997 and Recently sold an item via Ebay. They have still not released my funds. It's been two weeks now!!! My buyer has had the item now for two weeks and Im still not paid!!!!!!  PayPal has seriously forgotten who they work for!!! I cant wait to Find another transaction site!! For all of you who have not had a problem with Paypal, Dont worry yours is comming!!!

Login to Me Too

profdata
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

You don't need the feedback to getthe funds released sooner.  Once the D/C showes delivery, the funds are usually released with 48 hours.

Login to Me Too

mjhusted
New Community Member

Not true.  It's the evening of the 31st, the package I sent was confirmed delivered on the 28th and the funds are still on hold.

Login to Me Too

profdata
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@mjhusted wrote:

Not true.  It's the evening of the 31st, the package I sent was confirmed delivered on the 28th and the funds are still on hold.

Did you give paypal the tracking number.

holds are usually released 24-72 hours, depending on the time of day the D/C shows delivery

Login to Me Too

tk27
Contributor
Contributor

I'm the same Confirmed Delivery on the 28th and It Still not released. Paypal has the tracking number too.

Login to Me Too

TDgiftsonline
Contributor
Contributor

This is the kicker. I paid extra at the postoffice because I had a non-USPS box due to the size of the item and paid extra to get it to the buyer in 2 days, extra meaning more at the post office than I had printed out!!!! I had sent the buyer the tracking number AND e-mailed him the day I personally handed it to the person in the post office that it was on the way, but this is what I read:

We attempted to deliver your item at 2:37 PM on December 30, 2009 in AUSTIN, TX 78757 and a notice was left. You may pick up the item at the Post Office indicated on the notice, go to www.usps.com/redelivery, or call 800-ASK-USPS to arrange for redelivery. If this item is unclaimed after 15 days then it will be returned to the sender. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later

Notice Left, December 30, 2009, 2:37 pm, AUSTIN, TX 78757

BulletOut for Delivery or Available at PO Box, December 30, 2009, 9:30 am, AUSTIN, TX 78757 Bullet Sorting Complete, December 30, 2009, 9:00 am, AUSTIN, TX 78757 Bullet Arrival at Post Office, December 30, 2009, 6:21 am, AUSTIN, TX 78757 Bullet Electronic Shipping Info Received, December 27, 2009

What a crock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He did not even have the courtesy to have someone there to accept a package he knew was comming!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.