HORRIBLE IDEA TO HOLD FUNDS FOR 21 DAYS!!!

gearhed78
Contributor
Contributor

Holding funds from sellers until the buyer leaves feedback is the worst idea EVER! Since when does Paypal become an authority on buyer satisfaction?? A smooth transaction is all that I wanted from Paypal. If they are going to hold funds, then they should make it very clear BEFORE you use them!  Keeping my money in their account for 21 days is a HUGE disadvantage of using Paypal. Stick to transferring funds,not trying to be a satisfaction authority!

Login to Me Too
6,286 REPLIES 6,286

CindynScott
Contributor
Contributor

Iam sure everyone appreciates the info / input as I do, I had no idea that all I have to do is call PayPunk to get my own money, wow what a concept.

Lets put this in perspective, first I sell an item Ebay, then I send the sold item to the buyer. Then I have to pay Ebay to bring my item to market and to have the pleasure of selling on their website then I have to wait for a minimum 3 days for the item to show up at the buyers home.

Then I have to wait more time for the Buyer to leave feedback, but if the buyer decides not to leave feedback even though the item wa shipped and delivered very quickly, i have to pay PayPunk for the pleasure of using their website, then i have to CALL THE WONDERFUL IDIOTS WHO RUN PAYPUNK TO GET WHAT IS LEFT OF MY MONEY?

WHAT!!!!!!!!!

No, for me it is simple, I sell on Ebay, I pay Ebay, I receive MY MONEY FOR MY ITEM from the buyer at PayPunk an Ebay website, I take my money away from PayPunk and do with it as I wish.

Understood!

Login to Me Too

widowwoman
Contributor
Contributor

Smiley Mad Thanx for putting this up,for I thought that I was the only one being hit with<""you have to wait 21-days to get your money"">

WHY??  I worked my asp off to get these things listed,and do the right thing,by all concerned,and then "i have to wait to get my money"???

I didn't have to wait to SEND money to the people that I bought FROM,so,this is makeing me sick and tired of Ebay and PayPal..

They don't have to wit,they just take and take and take,am I wrong???

Login to Me Too

CindynScott
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, WIDOWWOMAN, glad to see you here but not happy to see another PayPunk casualty.

Everyone needs to speak their mind on this issue because it is very serious indeed.

I commend you for speaking out!

Scott

Login to Me Too

sstiff420
Contributor
Contributor

Djten
Contributor
Contributor

Widowwoman wrote:

:smileymad:Thanx for putting this up,for I thought that I was the only one being hit with<""you have to wait 21-days to get your money"">

WHY??  I worked my asp off to get these things listed,and do the right thing,by all concerned,and then "i have to wait to get my money"???

I didn't have to wait to SEND money to the people that I bought FROM,so,this is makeing me sick and tired of Ebay and PayPal..

They don't have to wit,they just take and take and take,am I wrong???

I'm only going to say this once more then I think I'm signing off of this discussion board for good. No widowwoman,you are not wrong. If you don't know it by now, back in '02 eBay bought PayPal. Ebay is signing PP's checks. This discussion topic's been going on since December of '09 and nothing's changed. Believe me, there's a reason why this discussion topic's over 300 pages.

Many people have since closed their eBay stores and opened up on places like Ioffer, Blujay, Boocoo, Bonaza, many others. Some were so disgusted with eBay they even took a chance with Craig's List and their crazy policies. Many of them offer PayPal and under Ioffer, PayPal DOES NOT make you wait 21 days. So therefore you don't have to bug the s**t out of the buyer for positive feedback.

The reason why you are frustrated is because like many of the online sellers and buyers, people are still going on eBay's prior reputation. When they first came on the scene they were the one and only. It was fun until they fell into the wrong hands! But PayPal got scammed and that's why they're doing what they're doing, but only with eBay and not some of the other sites. go figure!

Login to Me Too

mummachick
Contributor
Contributor

Oh the JOY!! Sold something on Bonanza - PayPal took their cut and I got my the balance of my $$$ instantaneously. Like in my greedy little pocket. No 21 days. No 21 hours. No 21 minutes. Looks like more items will be going onto Bonanza and dwindling listings on eBay. Plus they "re-evaluated" my sellers performance and I'm still limited despite favorable ++ reviews except for someone whom I asked to return item for refund which I sent $6 for (and she sent snail-mail $2.07 and pocketed the difference.) And she gave me negative rating, said the BANK returned her $$ and then in e-mail said only reason for negative was the inconvenience of return. Ah well. She's eBay customer, they're always right and Im just a rat leaving a sinking seller's ship!

Login to Me Too

quickhitch1
Contributor
Contributor

I am happy Bonanza is starting to sell. I stopped in for awhile but I did not sell so I had popped back to ebay. I put some stuff back on Banaza to see if I can get something moving.

Login to Me Too

mummachick
Contributor
Contributor

I like Bonanza - easy and simple to list and the booth system looks nice. Hopefully, they'll take off. Webstore I tried but no success except a buyer that never paid; plus their format is unappealing. Good luck.

Login to Me Too

Yvonne
Contributor
Contributor

Good for you!  Have you heard about EBID?  it is a free auction site that now ranks two on the auction scale!  I left eBay for many reasons; they just kept making these chnges, one after another, that raised their profits higher and higher, while small basic store owners like myself (with an inventory of 50 to 100) were barely keeping our heads above water!  Too bad!  eBay used to be a great place for both sellers and buyers. but not anymore!  I don''t know who they hired to come up with all these "eBay greedy changes and headaches." but I suspect it was the owner CEO Meg Whitman's (or whatever the name) campaign manager who raised all those millions for her to spend on her 2010 campaign in California, which she lost!  So now, they are making it even harder for eBay's sellers and buyers, trying to get those lost millions back!  Shame!  Shame!

I'm selling on EBID now, and as a Seller Plus Member, I pay $49.95, a ONE TIME FEE FOR LIFE!  The only thing I hve to pay for all my wheeling and dealing on Ebid, is a 2% fee of each item I sell, which are PENNIES!  I don't sell quite as much as I did on eBay, but I make a lot more money!  And anyone else can too!  We have a lot of former eBay sellers and buyers on Ebid, and by the end of this year will have five millions stores!  We have well over four million now!

If you are a SELLER PLUS, you can also have up to FIVE STORES!  WHAT A DEAL!  You don't have to be a SELLER PLUS, you can just buy and sell if you wish without a store, as often as you wlike, and it doesn't cost you one cent,  except for the items you sell, which is only 2% on each item.  There are also a few items you can select if you wish where there is a small fee, like Bold letters, 07 cents; highlight .05, etc. 

So if you haven't checked out EBID, I invite yo uto do so now!  You won't be sorry!

Login to Me Too

Djten
Contributor
Contributor

Mummachick wrote:

Oh the JOY!! Sold something on Bonanza - PayPal took their cut and I got my the balance of my $$$ instantaneously. Like in my greedy little pocket. No 21 days. No 21 hours. No 21 minutes.........

First off, congats on your sale and hopefully many more will come. Second, there's nothing greedy about putting a few extra bucks in your pocket. This is exactly what we all have been moaning & complaining about for over a year! Some people are tired of working for "The Man", some people can't work. And for the other full time workers, who wants to always be busting their a** working two & three jobs???

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.