Error Code #10417 Your request could not be processed at this time?

lonta
Contributor
Contributor

I have a Visa debit card that I used to purchase an item 3 days ago with no problem, but there was just a small amount of money left on it, so I got another Visa debit card and added it on to my paypal account. Next, I purchased 2 more items on ebay and then I used the new Visa card to try to pay for my items because there wasnt enough money left on my old Visa card to make the purchase. Once I got to the confirm payment screen, it shows my address and general profile, but when I press the confirm payment button it says,

"You cannot use this credit card for this transaction. Please use another funding source. You will need to add and confirm your bank account. Once your bank account has been added and confirmed, you can continue this payment. Add your bank account information below."

Then I tried to purchase one item at a time and it said
"We were not able to process your payment. There has been a restriction placed on this account" I tried everything to resolve this problem with no luck at all. If anyone's experienced this problem, and has any suggestions or solutions, please reply. Thanks
Login to Me Too
1,240 REPLIES 1,240

sheri14aro

I am having the same problem. My husband and I won some Items on Ebay and tried to make a payments BUT system error. Very irritating and stressed. Please fix this..  

Login to Me Too

markku

Hello all

I was getting the same error message as everyone else posting here but managed to solve the problem and finish my transaction. 

My bank has added an extra security feature for online purchases. So I had to log in to my internet bank account and add a password for the credit card I'm using in PayPal.

There are still problems with how this problem is being addressed.

The "solution" which is linked to the first post of this topic DID NOT provide a solution for me. It might be a solution for some but clearly not for everyone. It is simply misleading. 

Secondly,  even if the problem does not originate from PayPal (which is true in my case) it would be nice of you to make things easier for your customers by briefly recaping the discussion and proposed solutions to the problem here since, as you can see, most people replying to this topic are quite clueless as what to do.

So, please make a list of possible solutions, communicate it in a clear and understandable manner and make it visible for everybody who is looking for a solution.

Thank you!

Good luck to everyone still tackling with this problem!

Login to Me Too

manisdan
New Community Member

I have same problem evan that in my visa i have more then item price i want to buy, can some help me plz ? 

Login to Me Too

Unablept
Contributor
Contributor

Same error with me!

What can I do? :X

Login to Me Too

phasendruck
Contributor
Contributor

Landed here also with the same problem, Error Code #10417

Tried to finish payment through multiple ebay sites (ebay.de, ebay.fr, ebay.com)

With .com I came the furthest, only the last step failed (after return for last confirmation to ebay).

I have only one card on file, but two bank accounts. Would not like to do the hassle with topping up my pp account, I ask rather the seller for a payment address and send him the sum directly. I hope that works straight away.

Update, 5 minutes after giving up trying to pay the normal way with ebay checkout, my bank has sent me an SMS about an unsuccessful payment attempt. Funds are of course on the card, so it was not declined. Just unsuccessful.

Login to Me Too

kru55
New Community Member

Having some problems with this error for few months now

Login to Me Too

Angeleye5
New Community Member

rI'm trying to buy 2 gifts from ebay for christmas.
but i get the Error 10417
i've had no problems in the past and purchase on ebay every few months
why is this happening?

Login to Me Too

Lozanchez

Do you have a new card with a new card number that you have not registered with Pay Pal? I had the same problem because I'd received a new card from my bank. Although the account is the same, you still need to update the details on your PayPal profile. Go to My Account > My Money. 

Login to Me Too

mike88
Contributor
Contributor

i am trying to buy an object on ebay and ill go through all my info and press confirm checkout and it starts prossesing and says unnable to prosses payment Error Code #10417 whats going on??? how do i pay them before they get mad!?!?

Login to Me Too

Rickykhrisna
New Community Member
Have same problem, how i can solve it... A lot of things that i should pay, and i don't want have negative feedback... Please help Thanks
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.