Error Code #10417 Your request could not be processed at this time?

lonta
Contributor
Contributor

I have a Visa debit card that I used to purchase an item 3 days ago with no problem, but there was just a small amount of money left on it, so I got another Visa debit card and added it on to my paypal account. Next, I purchased 2 more items on ebay and then I used the new Visa card to try to pay for my items because there wasnt enough money left on my old Visa card to make the purchase. Once I got to the confirm payment screen, it shows my address and general profile, but when I press the confirm payment button it says,

"You cannot use this credit card for this transaction. Please use another funding source. You will need to add and confirm your bank account. Once your bank account has been added and confirmed, you can continue this payment. Add your bank account information below."

Then I tried to purchase one item at a time and it said
"We were not able to process your payment. There has been a restriction placed on this account" I tried everything to resolve this problem with no luck at all. If anyone's experienced this problem, and has any suggestions or solutions, please reply. Thanks
Login to Me Too
1,240 REPLIES 1,240

inyourdreamsdf
New Community Member

Same issue here. NOT COOL! This is a Christmas gift, and it's not like I can just get it from anywhere for that price:(

Login to Me Too

vkannel
Contributor
Contributor
"Sorry, we could not complete your request at this time.
If you encounter this message more than once, please contact us, and we'll do our best to help."

So during all that time nothing hasn't changed. And if you click on "contact us" then you will get phone nr. I don't need phone nr I need to pay for my goods on ebay !!!

Login to Me Too

mob12
Contributor
Contributor

i am having the same issue. keep on getting this error when i tried to buy two items i have won in ebay auction, 

Login to Me Too

mills16
New Community Member

i've got that problem too, can paypal refuse a payment if you don't have enough funds?? 

Login to Me Too

k4ssu
Contributor
Contributor

I got the same code when i tried to buy something from internet.

Please help

ErrorCode 10417

Login to Me Too

mike88
Contributor
Contributor
My solution is instead of logging into paypal once you have bought your item or items? Click pay as a new customer. And its gonna tell you to put in all your personal info including bebit cart number and then continue to buy items it worked for me every time bought something
Login to Me Too

k4ssu
Contributor
Contributor

Did not work for me 😞

Login to Me Too

HC77
New Community Member

Where can I file a complaint about paypal "security software" stopping a purchase of an item from Ebay?  I tried to purchase a Toushpad from HP's Ebay store and right at the final confirmation page, it was blocked.  That has never happened and according to customer support they had the transaction and their security software stopped it. 

Login to Me Too

fauvely
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having this problem! I've never had an issue with paypal but I tried a few times to pay for my item and each time I get this error message. I'm annoyed because I'm trying to order a Christmas present and this is the first time I've had trouble with paypal/ebay.

How do I solve this problem? I only have one credit card, the one that is on ebay...

Login to Me Too

chris_mysta
Contributor
Contributor

hi i am having the same issue with certain sellers i tried to buy an item from Item location: Taipei, Taiwan seeling in dollers where as i live in the uk and have been tryign to pay it for 2 days now , yet i managed to buy from a uk company not more than 10 mins ago using the same card and the same pay pal account please help 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.