Error Code #10417 Your request could not be processed at this time?

lonta
Contributor
Contributor

I have a Visa debit card that I used to purchase an item 3 days ago with no problem, but there was just a small amount of money left on it, so I got another Visa debit card and added it on to my paypal account. Next, I purchased 2 more items on ebay and then I used the new Visa card to try to pay for my items because there wasnt enough money left on my old Visa card to make the purchase. Once I got to the confirm payment screen, it shows my address and general profile, but when I press the confirm payment button it says,

"You cannot use this credit card for this transaction. Please use another funding source. You will need to add and confirm your bank account. Once your bank account has been added and confirmed, you can continue this payment. Add your bank account information below."

Then I tried to purchase one item at a time and it said
"We were not able to process your payment. There has been a restriction placed on this account" I tried everything to resolve this problem with no luck at all. If anyone's experienced this problem, and has any suggestions or solutions, please reply. Thanks
Login to Me Too
1,240 REPLIES 1,240

cheztaa
Contributor
Contributor

i have a feeling its on paypals side as we all get the same error but different variations. For example, i have money in my paypal account and the item i wanna buy is only £20 but it wont let me at all. ive had to do a postal order, now im just buying stuff off amazon until i sort it out.

Login to Me Too

jtran95624
Contributor
Contributor

hi, i have the same problem an hour ago.  I try it for 4 time and the same message reappear.  I was purchasing 5 item at five time .  I think the time was to close to each other. so there was the alarm, but i waited and went back to purchase and it goes throu.   u can try that to see if it help u. order to many thing can slow down the processing time.

Login to Me Too

masakalys
New Community Member

The same problem...

Login to Me Too

gem_hth
New Community Member

i am also having this issue.

i have been using the same card and account for a while,

and this has only just happened =(

Login to Me Too

bymethis
Contributor
Contributor

I am having same problem and it is now September 2011 !!! Why can't PAYPAL fix these things? They shouldn't be offering security keys when u can't even access your eBay account!!!!!!!!!!

Login to Me Too

Roscoe85
New Community Member

I am haveing the same problem with 10417 .. i kept reading about the issue gets resolved i just dont want to lose my item

Login to Me Too

living4today9
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having the same problem! And since I couldn't do anything to confirm the payment ebay sent me a note saying that an unpaid item had been recorded on my account. What should I do!? Help please.

Login to Me Too

living4today9
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, 

I'm getting frustrated with this paypal Error Code #10417. I'm gonna get my ebay account closed! Is there any way I could pay for my items!? The pay time for one of my items already expired and it has been recorded on my account. 

Login to Me Too

samread
Contributor
Contributor

I am having the same issue, I have oustanding payments I need to make on ebay and this error keeps appearing please help Andy

Login to Me Too

davidalex2010

i'm having the same problem. I go to the checkout screen and then click confirm payment. Then it takes me to error #10417

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.