Error Code #10417 Your request could not be processed at this time?

lonta
Contributor
Contributor

I have a Visa debit card that I used to purchase an item 3 days ago with no problem, but there was just a small amount of money left on it, so I got another Visa debit card and added it on to my paypal account. Next, I purchased 2 more items on ebay and then I used the new Visa card to try to pay for my items because there wasnt enough money left on my old Visa card to make the purchase. Once I got to the confirm payment screen, it shows my address and general profile, but when I press the confirm payment button it says,

"You cannot use this credit card for this transaction. Please use another funding source. You will need to add and confirm your bank account. Once your bank account has been added and confirmed, you can continue this payment. Add your bank account information below."

Then I tried to purchase one item at a time and it said
"We were not able to process your payment. There has been a restriction placed on this account" I tried everything to resolve this problem with no luck at all. If anyone's experienced this problem, and has any suggestions or solutions, please reply. Thanks
Login to Me Too
1,240 REPLIES 1,240

MTS_MichaelL
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi,

The 10417 is nicely explained on x.com forum:

https://www.x.com/blogs/matt/2011/03/08/error-codes-explained-10417

I hope this sheds some light.

You could open a ticket to MTS (www.paypal.com/mts) attaching the API call string and the corresponding response to have the technical perspective, but more than likely it is due to buyer's funding sources.

Regards,

Michael

MTS

Login to Me Too

Leozet_123
New Community Member

after reading these forums re this error code i phoned my bank. they informed me that this is caused by the bank processing card updates and to try again in an hour or so and if it still doesnt work then call them back and they will clear the issue manually for me

Login to Me Too

msimerus
Contributor
Contributor

I have same problem code Nr.10417, no posible to pay items I order:(

Best Regards

Miran

Login to Me Too

neilsjojo
New Community Member

This has been going on for 3 days.  I need to pay for my items before I get negative feed back.  When I called PayPal about the problem, they told me to try again in one hour and if that did now work to have the sellers skip going through Ebay and send the bill to them.  I thought the whole reason for using PayPal is because it is easier and these sellers do not like this.  Plus on top of that, I'm not sure if even that will work.  I am just frustrated.  Please someone help me.

Login to Me Too

BeanEatingMan

hi, i was trying to make a payment on ebay when this error code popped up.

please advise.

thanks.

Login to Me Too

Jakeytoo
Contributor
Contributor

That's what I've been getting since yesterday, Error Code #10417.

I have two purchases I'd like to pay for, but am unable to. Also, iI've not gotten any invoices from the sellers or Ebay stating that I've won the items.

Anyone have a clue as to what's going on ? I've never had a problem before.

Login to Me Too

Busy_Buyer4123
Contributor
Contributor

i no i have been getting this error too do you have negative funds in your account? 

Login to Me Too

Jakeytoo
Contributor
Contributor

I don't have a balance with PayPal, positive or negative, but have two CC registered with them.

I never received invoices from either seller ( two items purchased ) and after numerous attempts to pay with my PayPal account, I gave up and paid as a guest, using the same card as I have registered with PayPal.

That at least solved the immediate problem of how to pay, so the items shipped today ( Monday ). I won't know if the problem is still there until I buy something else.

Login to Me Too

maxim1916

please help

"We were not able to process your payment." (Error code #10417).!!!!!!!!!

Login to Me Too

Gretarae
When making a purchase using paypal I keep getting this error message what does it mean and how can I make my purchase?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.