Error Code #10417 Your request could not be processed at this time?

lonta
Contributor
Contributor

I have a Visa debit card that I used to purchase an item 3 days ago with no problem, but there was just a small amount of money left on it, so I got another Visa debit card and added it on to my paypal account. Next, I purchased 2 more items on ebay and then I used the new Visa card to try to pay for my items because there wasnt enough money left on my old Visa card to make the purchase. Once I got to the confirm payment screen, it shows my address and general profile, but when I press the confirm payment button it says,

"You cannot use this credit card for this transaction. Please use another funding source. You will need to add and confirm your bank account. Once your bank account has been added and confirmed, you can continue this payment. Add your bank account information below."

Then I tried to purchase one item at a time and it said
"We were not able to process your payment. There has been a restriction placed on this account" I tried everything to resolve this problem with no luck at all. If anyone's experienced this problem, and has any suggestions or solutions, please reply. Thanks
Login to Me Too
1,240 REPLIES 1,240

SawSkooh

Actually, no, Andy did not resolve the problem. I've read that thread, and in now way did Andy offer a solution. "If the Security Model says no, than that's a NO." Huh? Security model? How does one appease the venerable Security Model? Why are regular customers suddenly unable to pay for things? You guys need to pay more attention to this issue.

Login to Me Too

Sue_Afc
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having the same problem...been using the same card for almost 2 years now all of a sudden comes up with this error code 10417. Made a payment then a couple of hours later couldnt confirm payment.

How this gets sorted soon.

Login to Me Too

iheartnorinco
Contributor
Contributor

Checked out that link. Wow...43 pages of people with the same problem? Time for PayPal to pull its head out its **bleep** and fix this. This is complete and utter nonsense, what a terrible way to run a company. And then to try and brush it off yet...just incredible.

Login to Me Too

tolepaintingger
New Community Member

had same problem-try pay pal @ Login, Click "Contact Us", Click "Call Us" for problems-geri

Login to Me Too

iheartnorinco
Contributor
Contributor

Well, thank you for you great advice!!! /sarcasm

Login to Me Too

ORRELLPOST

I am having the same problem

Login to Me Too

kugara
Contributor
Contributor

Ebay won't confirm my purchase either.

Login to Me Too

sassim
Contributor
Contributor

Same problem here. Very annoying. I'm curious to know what happened to all of you, guys. Did you ever manage to pay after a while? Thanks

Login to Me Too

iheartnorinco
Contributor
Contributor

Nope. The only solution is to quit using gaypal, period.

Login to Me Too

Nolan11

Many people are having this issue including me and it has the potential to ruin relations on ebay, this is actually the first time I have tried to purchase something online via paypal and I never thought it would cause this much of a hassle.

This seems to be a major issue so if there is anyone with any information whatsoever regarding this "error #10417" it would be greatly appreciated.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.