Error Code #10417 Your request could not be processed at this time?

lonta
Contributor
Contributor

I have a Visa debit card that I used to purchase an item 3 days ago with no problem, but there was just a small amount of money left on it, so I got another Visa debit card and added it on to my paypal account. Next, I purchased 2 more items on ebay and then I used the new Visa card to try to pay for my items because there wasnt enough money left on my old Visa card to make the purchase. Once I got to the confirm payment screen, it shows my address and general profile, but when I press the confirm payment button it says,

"You cannot use this credit card for this transaction. Please use another funding source. You will need to add and confirm your bank account. Once your bank account has been added and confirmed, you can continue this payment. Add your bank account information below."

Then I tried to purchase one item at a time and it said
"We were not able to process your payment. There has been a restriction placed on this account" I tried everything to resolve this problem with no luck at all. If anyone's experienced this problem, and has any suggestions or solutions, please reply. Thanks
Login to Me Too
1,240 REPLIES 1,240

lexus490

I also have this problem. I have 5 days to pay for 2 items and i can't do it Smiley Sad

i don't want to get negative feedback

Login to Me Too

boblee16
New Community Member

When I try to pay for an Ebay item using Paypal I get a message saying something like "unable to carry out your request at this time" Paid for an item this morning ok but no joy this afternoon! Any ideas anybody?

Login to Me Too

trah25
Contributor
Contributor

I am having the same issue trying to buy on Ebay.  It started last night (May 13) and continues today.

Login to Me Too

Conand1612
New Community Member

Error 10417 -

You have requested an outdated version of PayPal. This error often results from the use of bookmarks.

I have had this problem two out of 3 transactions in the last week.  I have tried phoning paypal and also emailing but still have not heard of any fix for this. 

It is frusterating, but there are other methods to pay depending on the seller.

anyone have any suggestions?

thanks

Login to Me Too

trah25
Contributor
Contributor

I finally figured out what was happening in my case.  I'm using my credit card with paypal, and my credit card company keeps freezing my card because of  suspicious activity.  It's a security feature that locks the card after several online purchases.  I had to call the card company three times, but they've finally turned this off for me.

Login to Me Too

KimAngeline
New Community Member

I'm having the same problems..I've been trying for three days to place an order on Vistaprint and it keeps telling me to try again .. server is too busy. 😞

Login to Me Too

mangen
New Community Member

So this is my problem. I created a new paypal account because I'm using a new credit card. I added the credit card onto my paypal account with no problem. I don't have a bank account linked since I figure all I need is the credit card on the account. Now I'm trying to pay for an item on eBay with paypal but I keep getting  "We were not able to process your payment" and it shows error code # #10417. All I am trying to do is have paypal pay for this item using the credit card on file but it's just not working. Do I have to have a bank account linked just to do this? I thought just have the credit card would be enough. If thats the case then i'm just going to close my paypal account and pay for the item with the credit card myself.

Thanks in advance.

Login to Me Too

olaviolette
New Community Member

Actually I am having the same problem , getting the same error message, but I have never link any bank account before, I always used only my credit card (Mastercard) and all was fine, but since 2 days ggetting this error with different buyers!, PLEASE HELP!!

Login to Me Too

iheartnorinco
Contributor
Contributor

Lots of people have had this problem, as of now I can't find anyone that has had it resolved. Typical PayPal nonsense.

Login to Me Too

bic
New Community Member

had the same problem 15 minutes from now .Watch the credit card expiration . I had changed my card and the expiration of the old one was today and it was not changed in my paypal account so i changed it for the new one and now its working.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.