Unable to Link Bank Account

SHSbooster

im at my wits end with paypal. i have been trying to add bank for nearly a week. Had to close one account because they couldnt figure out what was wrong and now wont link my bank to my verified account

Login to Me Too
15 REPLIES 15

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Err0rL0rd 

Contact options for each countries Paypal customer services are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages.

1. Paypal phones (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, (during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out).
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

conandolley103
Contributor
Contributor

Hi everybody, I tried to link a bank and get message "This account needs a little help to link it." I think problem here is my account bank from Japan, so paypal asked a name in Kana characters. However, my name is wrote by alphabet character. Did anyone live in Japan and solve problem like me? Thank you very much for your help. 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Ayesha

Hello @conandolley103,

Welcome to PayPal Community Forum and thank you for posting!

I am sorry to know that you're facing issues linking your bank account to your PayPal account. Our security system is made with complex algorithms which are aimed at protecting the account. It would have recognized an abnormality in the trend of your account or would have got triggered due to various other factors. In this case, you can try to link the account at a later time. If the issue persist, it is possible that this might be due to the name on the account. You may try to change the name on your bank account by contacting your financial institution and then try linking it. Kindly note that the details on the bank account and PayPal account should match any discrepancy can lead to an error. Also, you can only add a traditional bank to your PayPal account as a online/virtual bank aren't compatible.

I hope this gets sorted quickly,

Ayesha

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

simplengmhar
Contributor
Contributor
How can i withdraw my fund if I tried to link my bank account that is always error or failed? Paypal already emailed to me that my funds are eligible for withdrawal after limited 180days? Please help me. Seems always problem to link my bank account. What do i do?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@simplengmhar 

You can withdraw a balance from PayPal to GCash.

Here's how: https://www.paypal.com/ph/webapps/mpp/gcash-easy-withdrawals

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_JonK

Hello everyone! 

Welcome to the PayPal Community! I'm sorry to hear you've run into issues adding a bank to your PayPal account. I can certainly understand how concerning this must be. As our services vary from country to country, the ability to add a local bank may or may not be available. However, I'm happy to provide a bit of guidance here. Here are a few Help Center articles you may find useful: 

How do I link my bank account to my PayPal account?
Why can't I add a bank account to my PayPal account?

If all else fails, please feel free to reach out to our Customer Support teams by clicking "Contact" at the bottom of any PayPal page. They're also available via Twitter DM and Facebook PM. 

Best wishes to all!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.