Unable to Link Bank Account

SHSbooster

im at my wits end with paypal. i have been trying to add bank for nearly a week. Had to close one account because they couldnt figure out what was wrong and now wont link my bank to my verified account

Login to Me Too
15 REPLIES 15

DeniDavidov

I had the same problem. The only way to resolve this issue reliably and consistently in my opinion.. is to call the customer support!!
They will help you! I had to call them 3 times but my issue got resolved in the end!
Good luck! 🙂

Login to Me Too

Longhorn-ex
Contributor
Contributor
I had this same issue. I SOLVED IT today (10-9-22) by linking my bank account using the PayPal app! Trying to link via PayPal website does not work & you end up with the spinning wheel. Good luck to everybody!
Login to Me Too

Jonathan_1233
Contributor
Contributor

I'm finding it difficult to link my US BANK ACCOUNT with PayPal. Please how do I go about it ?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_RebeccaN

Hi @Jonathan_1233

Welcome to the PayPal Community Forum! 

I am sorry to hear you are having issues adding a bank account to your PayPal account. 

I would ask that you please ensure you do not have any outstanding account limitations. You can view any limitations on your Resolution Center when you select 'Go To Account Limitations'. Any limitations may need to be resolved before you can add a new bank account. 

It is important to ensure this bank account has your own name registered to it. More information can be found here: Why can't I add my bank? (paypal.com)

This could also be a security block. I would suggest waiting for 72 hours before trying to add your bank again. After 72 hours, please try and add your bank via the PayPal website rather than the app. Please also avoid using any VPNs. 

If this does not work, I would suggest reaching out to our customer service team directly. To contact our Customer Service team, click 'Help' or 'Contact' at the bottom of any PayPal Webpage. 

You can also contact us via Facebook PM or Twitter DM's. 

For Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal

For Twitter: @AskPayPal

I hope this helps, have a nice day! 

Rebecca 

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

Login to Me Too

kitoye_1
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you for your answer, I followed the options you suggested, there are no restrictions on my account, I don't use VPN and even waited for 72 hours to try again. Please what else can be dohe
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@kitoye_1 

Did you actually read the second part of the above message?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Dm06
Contributor
Contributor

I'm seriously thinking on closing this Paypal account due to this issue!!!!!!!!!!

Login to Me Too

Err0rL0rd
Contributor
Contributor

When i try to link my bank this shows up

"This account needs a little help to link it. <a href="/selfhelp/home" target="_blank">Contact us</a> and we can help with that, or you can link a different account."

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.