Is Vanilla prepaid visa gift card decline paypal ?

LewisUS
New Community Member

I can not add my Vanilla prepaid visa gift card with my paypal. Anyone have this same situation as me?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Ayesha

Hello @LewisUS and @avengerduck,

Welcome to PayPal Community Forum and thank you for posting! Thanks, @kernowlass

I am sorry to know that you're unable to add a gift card to your account. Please be informed that physical gift cards/ prepaid gift cards can be linked as a payment method and be used for redemption during checkout just like any other credit or debit card. However, there are some cards that aren't compatible for use with the PayPal system which might include most online or virtual cards which may be the reason for this issue. Apologize for the inconvenience. 

Regards,
Ayesha

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
56 REPLIES 56

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@LewisUS 

When you add a card or update the details Paypal charge a temporary amount of $1.00. If this is not approved the card cannot be added. If you keep getting this message then call the number on the back of your card to check the issue with your bank. If the Visa you are trying to add is virtual or issued online you would need to try another card.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

avengerduck
Contributor
Contributor

I am also having difficulties adding my vanilla visa card. The card is being decline when I try to add it.  I card was purchased at a local drug store and not virtual or issued online.  I called the number on the back of the card ant it is active.

Login to Me Too

DIYorDie89
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, I’ve been trying to add a Vanilla Visa Gift Card to my account and I still can’t in spite of activating it on the website that sells it before trying to link it on my account. I kept trying to do so, but PayPal’s not letting me confirm it like it did in the past where it would charge me the $1.95 fee. Any help I can get will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Login to Me Too

peachiichan
Contributor
Contributor

I am also having this problem someone please help!!

Login to Me Too

avengerduck
Contributor
Contributor

I am also having this problem.  I talked to Paypal and they said it was a problem on the gift card end.  I don't think it is.  Help please.

Login to Me Too

CoachCharles
New Community Member

Same issue... Card works on certain websites but not on PayPal so issue appears to be with PayPal or some merchants

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Bindu

Hello @CoachCharles and everyone,

Welcome to the PayPal Community Help!

Sorry to hear the trouble you're facing while adding your Vanilla Visa Gift Card to your PayPal account. There are some cards that are not compatible with PayPal system including mostly online or virtual cards. You can find the possible reasons for the car decline and the tips in this article : Why can’t I link my credit or debit card to my PayPal account

I recommend you to try to link and confirm a different card to your PayPal account. 

Best wishes,

Bindu

If you feel this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Scottie12345678
New Community Member
I recommend you fix the issue that is on paypal not us
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Scottie12345678, @KerwinZqt, and everyone,

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you're having with prepaid cards! Thank you for joining the Community to ask about it.

There are a few possibilities.

Sometimes a card either can't be added, can't be confirmed, or will only work sporadically. This can be for a few reasons. If the card is not registered on the card issuer's website with your name and address, this may cause problems. If the card is a virtual card, that will also likely cause issues. Additionally, the issues listed in this Help Center article should be reviewed for troubleshooting. If all of that is not applicable, please contact Customer Service for further assistance.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.