I cannot link a previously removed credit card

mfpopa
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there,

I am trying to link a credit card that I presviously removed from my PayPal account.

I have removed my credit card from my PayPal account, which I used for years, after I moved home because I encountered some error when I tried updating the address. I was able to update my address after removing the card, but I can no longer add the card back. I was able to add other cards using the new address, but not the credit card I used before.

There is no issue with the card, it is still valid until later next year (2024) and I still use it for shopping every week at supermarkets and on Amazon.

I read somehwere that I need to contact PayPal customer support, but it seems so complicated. The Automated Assistant on the website or the PayPal app on Android doesn't understand my problem. I called a phone number and inserted the code provided on the PayPal website and it was just another call assistant that also did not understand my problem. It simply added my card to the account, but I get an error everytime I try to confirm it.

So how can I link my previously removed credit card?

Thanks,

Mihail

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

mfpopa
Contributor
Contributor

I have contacted PayPal UK via Instagram and someone replied to me and thus helped me figure out that my credit card/bank address and my PayPal address do not match 100%. For some reason, although I have provided the bank with the full address, the bank updated my address excluding the flat number and building name.

So this seems like a problem with the credit card/bank, not with PayPal. I will have to go in person to the bank and resolve the issue.

For anyone having this problem, make sure that the following details are EXACTLY THE SAME, both on your PayPal account and your bank debit/credit card:

• Your full name - including hyphens and white spaces
  • Your address - including commas, white spaces, capital letters and numbers

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_Bindu

Hello @mfpopa 

Thank you for joining the PayPal Community Help!

Sorry to hear the issues you've encountered while adding and confirming your card to your PayPal account. I know this can be concerning! As you mentioned that you've already added the card to your account, are you able to see the confirm card link next to the card in your PayPal account? If you don't see the link, we've automatically confirmed your card and there's nothing else you need to do.

If you're able to see the link, you can click on the 'Confirm Card' option and the follow the next steps. When you initiate confirmation process, PayPal will charge you a small amount an the charge and a 4-digit PayPal code will appear on your card statement within 2-3 working days. If you're not getting the code, please check with your card issuer to get the code or request the code for second time. You can check the article for the steps to confirm your card here. If this is not the case, please reach out to PayPal Support team to get this checked further. You can also try to reach the team through Social media pages like Twitter, Facebook and Instagram

Good luck,

Bindu

If you feel this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

mfpopa
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the reply Bindu.

I do get the "Confirm Card" option for the card, but everytime I go through the process I get the following error message:

We're unable to add your card at the moment

There seems to be a problem confirming your information with master_card. Please try again later.

I first linked this card many years ago, maybe a decade ago, and I don't remember having this issue. I assumed this is a problem with PayPal. I'll contact support on social media and see if they can help. Maybe it's an issue that my bank can solve.

Login to Me Too
Solved

mfpopa
Contributor
Contributor

I have contacted PayPal UK via Instagram and someone replied to me and thus helped me figure out that my credit card/bank address and my PayPal address do not match 100%. For some reason, although I have provided the bank with the full address, the bank updated my address excluding the flat number and building name.

So this seems like a problem with the credit card/bank, not with PayPal. I will have to go in person to the bank and resolve the issue.

For anyone having this problem, make sure that the following details are EXACTLY THE SAME, both on your PayPal account and your bank debit/credit card:

• Your full name - including hyphens and white spaces
  • Your address - including commas, white spaces, capital letters and numbers
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.