revolut unsupported merchant when sending money to friends

vlrtual1
New Community Member

Hello. I have a problem concerning revolut and paypal. I wanted to send money to a friend in Italy using my Revolut junior account and paypal, however got quickly denied as revolut informed me that paypal or my friend were classified as "unsupported merchant." I had read that it may be something to do with incorrect numbers on the "receivers" side but I am not entirely sure. Can anyone help? Thanks.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_JonK

Hello @vlrtual1

Welcome to the PayPal Community Forum! I'm sorry to hear you've run into some difficult sending money to your friend in Italy. Unfortunately, I'm unable to provide any options to transfer funds directly between your Revolut account and their PayPal. However, you can send money through your PayPal account funded by an eligible debit or credit card or bank to your friend's PayPal in Italy. Please review our Fees page as conversion and / or cross-border fees may apply. 

Best wishes!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.