Used pay in 3 and its taken the full amount instead

Eisvogel42
Contributor
Contributor

Used pay in three for a purchase over 4 days ago but instead it's taken the full amount and just says pending in the app

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

shan06
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @Eisvogel42 

Thanks for your post and welcome to PayPal community!

I'm sorry to know that you were charged full amount for your pay in 3 transaction. When making a purchase with Pay in 3, if you pay with a debit card, we will place a pre-authorization hold on your chosen payment method for an amount equal to the initial payment or one-third of your total purchase amount. This will show as a pending authorization in your PayPal account activity and also in the bank account of the card linked to your PayPal account.

If you do not complete your Pay in 3 transaction, the pending authorization will be automatically voided by PayPal within 24 hours of the pre-authorization hold. You should be able to find more information from this article. As you mentioned, the payment displays as pending after 4 days of purchase. Kindly contact our support

I hope this information was helpful!

Shantha

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.