US outlet didn't accept payment

gapostol
Contributor
Contributor

Hello

I have a Canadian email and address associated with my credit cards and PayPal account. Yesterday an US store did not accept my payment for a delivery in US because my billing address is different than the shipping address. So, I resolved my purchase thorough Amazon.

Also, I had some situation when US outlets' websites cannot process/accept Canadian addresses.

Any thoughts on these two issues?

Thanks and regards,

George 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@gapostol 

Paypal is country specific so you can't add an international address to a country specific paypal account.

However for seller protection the seller or merchant has to ship to the address on your paypal account that matches your billing address.

So you would need to purchase from a U.S merchant and have it shipped to a Canadian address. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@gapostol 

Paypal is country specific so you can't add an international address to a country specific paypal account.

However for seller protection the seller or merchant has to ship to the address on your paypal account that matches your billing address.

So you would need to purchase from a U.S merchant and have it shipped to a Canadian address. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

gapostol
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for your reply

The delivery address is, apparently, problematic even for Canadian PayPal.  A payment failed because the delivery address was different than that on my PP account-associated credit card. I'll check with them.

Thanks again,

George

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.