Refund

Abiswas599
Contributor
Contributor

I did 2 transfer to my brother account on 23 Rd August .for one I got refund.for other I did not get refund.Showing refund successful to debit card account but i did not receive the money in my account yet.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Abiswas599 

If you funded the original Paypal payment to the seller from your bank account or a card then once marked refunded/completed it will automatically go back to that bank account or card.
Normally it can take a few days up to a week to go back to a bank account. Paypal say allow 30 days for a card (1 billing cycle) but its rarely that long.
(Can vary according to country though).

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/FAQ1212

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Abiswas599 

If you funded the original Paypal payment to the seller from your bank account or a card then once marked refunded/completed it will automatically go back to that bank account or card.
Normally it can take a few days up to a week to go back to a bank account. Paypal say allow 30 days for a card (1 billing cycle) but its rarely that long.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Abiswas599
Contributor
Contributor
I did not receive my refund amount yet..Please help..it's been 30 days.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Abiswas599 

You would need to contact customer services then.........

Contact options for each countries Paypal customer services are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages.

1. Paypal phones (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, (during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out).
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a private direct message via Social Media on Facebook, Twitter/X, or Instagram pages.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Batty_Mumma
Contributor
Contributor

This does not work! I have the same issue and it has been close to 2 months with no refund received.  I can't put a dispute in as it says I can't do it for this transaction?! 😡

Login to Me Too

Pilotto
Contributor
Contributor

I think its a server side issue on paypal's website its strange I have the same problem I paid via paypal refund is completed in activity list but the money is lost its so strange.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Pilotto 

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

drew1616
Contributor
Contributor

Jay-jay2
Contributor
Contributor

a company made 2 un-authorized transaction and took $2 and $19. It is link to my bank account. I reported and emailed a refund. Paypal shows completed refund on both. the $2 was immediatly refunded and was put in paypal balance. the $19 is nowhere to be found, it's been 3 months!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.