Pending Money Not Showing Up In My Feed, Screenshot Says Verification Needed By Recipient (Me)

RubyGamer89
Contributor
Contributor

Simply put, someone is trying to gift me money, but the money isn't coming through. They sent a screenshot (that, to me at least, looks legit) that says it needs my verification, but there's nothing for me to verify. The money is coming from overseas (I'm in the US). The person giving me the money is not asking for anything, but we can't figure this out. I'm a bit confused.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @RubyGamer89

Thank you for your post, and welcome to the Community! 

I think what @kernowlass was saying is that if someone sent you a screenshot, it may or may not be legitimate. Screenshots are not proof that a payment has been sent, as they can be manipulated. If a payment is not seen in your PayPal account, it is very possible that the intent of the screenshot is to ask you to do something that may be unsafe in the hopes of receiving a payment that does not exist. This may be something as simple as sending an item, or a payment, or it may be providing information to a fake contact point. Please evaluate this very closely.

Thank you for your caution!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@RubyGamer89 

What country are they in?

What currency are they sending?

Have you verified your paypal account as per link?

https://www.paypal.com/us/cshelp/article/how-do-i-verify-my-paypal-account-HELP434

Have you confirmed your email address?

https://www.paypal.com/us/cshelp/article/how-do-i-confirm-my-email-address-HELP138

Be very careful its not a scam. They may send fake paypal emails telling you that you have to send a code or send money to verify etc which would be fake.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

RubyGamer89
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass 

It wasn't an email, I haven't gotten an email of any sort. They're in Dubai (on business, according to them), and are sending USD. I've had my PayPal account for several years and have verified it through the email. I'm not clicking links sent to me or anything. They just sent me a screenshot saying that it was pending.

Login to Me Too
Solved

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @RubyGamer89

Thank you for your post, and welcome to the Community! 

I think what @kernowlass was saying is that if someone sent you a screenshot, it may or may not be legitimate. Screenshots are not proof that a payment has been sent, as they can be manipulated. If a payment is not seen in your PayPal account, it is very possible that the intent of the screenshot is to ask you to do something that may be unsafe in the hopes of receiving a payment that does not exist. This may be something as simple as sending an item, or a payment, or it may be providing information to a fake contact point. Please evaluate this very closely.

Thank you for your caution!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

WheresMyMoneyy
Contributor
Contributor
Hey did you ever figure out what happened? Im having something similar happen to me ,but on their end its showing on hold but i cant see anything. I cant get answers from anyone smh i will never use paypal ever again
Login to Me Too

Anasbouanani
New Community Member
Be careful, if someone sent u money from Paypal u will get the email first says that u get right and go to check u PayPal account, if not they scamming u
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.