Paypal not only forces me to use their currency conversion but charges me extra on top of it!

Nisei
Contributor
Contributor

So I want to send my niece in the UK some money.
I live in the EU so my currency is Euro while hers is UK Pounds but my account has UK Pounds set as my main currency.
Now when I transfer money to my family within the EU that's free of charge.
However, Paypal doesn't let me send UK Pounds without forcing me to use their currency conversion.
It would be perfectly normal to charge my card in UK Pounds and let them do the (cheaper) conversion but they want to make money by using higher exchange rates. Well fine, so be it (although I don't agree with it).
BUT... Then I click next and I'm told that because I transfer to a different currency, I have to pay an extra charge to cover for the currency conversion...
EXCUSE ME?
First you're forcing me to use your currency conversion, and then you're telling me I have to pay an extra charge because I use your currency conversion?
Really, this shouldn't be allowed. By forcing me to use your currency conversion you're making money. And then you're charging me extra as a "thank you" for making you money? That's insane!

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.