Payment pending but I need the money to ship the item

Hellcrash666
Contributor
Contributor

Someone placed an order for my album through Bandcamp, which is linked to the Paypal account. 

Now money are blocked and I can't use them, but I need them to cover the shipping costs. How on earth am I supposed to that if I can't access MY money? 

The account is confirmed, including the bank account. Also, why should I reach 200€ more? I hope I will be able to do that, but how I'm supposed to reach that amount? What if I will never reach it? Which sounds plausible since Paypal is blocking the money I need to ship items. 

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Hellcrash666 

Do you mean the funds are showing in your paypal balance but on hold?

If so then read the links for more information...

https://www.paypal.com/it/cshelp/article/nuovo-conto-paypal---pagamenti-in-sospeso-e-accesso-pi%C3%B...

https://www.paypal.com/it/cshelp/article/perch%C3%A9-il-pagamento-%C3%A8-in-sospeso-o-non-%C3%A8-dis...

https://www.paypal.com/it/cshelp/article/come-faccio-a-sbloccare-i-pagamenti-bloccati-help129

If funds are not showing in your balance then you have not been paid.

You should have the funds to post any item before you list it for sale really.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Hellcrash666
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass 

Yeah, they payments are being shown but they're on hold. 
I've read those guidelines, but they make no sense. First, everything in my account is confirmed (name, phone, bank account etc). They also say I have to reach a minimum numbers of orders (from what I get it's 5 from which I need to earn 200€, which is impossible considering the items are not that expensive), but how am I supposed to that? It's not like I can tell people "Hey, you want your item? Find another 5 people to buy from us and then we'll be able to ship it!"

Right now I just have ONE order, and it's the first since I've created the account. Odds says I won't have any for quite some time, what should I do? Refund people who try to buy in the meantime? Because of course I can't keep them on hold forever. And even doing that those orders wouldn't count, so I'm back at the start. 

They say to mark the order as "completed", but how can I do it if the money are on hold? How am I supposed to ship the item? 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Hellcrash666 

The hold for each 'individual' payment lasts a maximum of 21 days but you can get funds released more quickly following the advice in the link ie add tracking etc.

However, how long paypal continue to hold each payment you receive is dependent on the criteria given in one of the other links. After you meet that criteria then paypal will no longer hold 'any' payment. 

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Hellcrash666
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass 

How can I add tracking if I can't ship it because the money to cover the shippings costs are on hold? 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Hellcrash666 

As I said you shouldn't be listing items for sale unless you have the shipping funds available.

If you read up on being a new seller before using paypal then you would have seen you need to go through the new seller hold.

The hold is between you and paypal and nothing to do with the buyer. The buyer has paid and is now waiting for their item.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Hellcrash666
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass how I'm supposed to have the funds to ship the items if the funds to ship are on hold? That's part of what the costumer paid. 

Also, what if it will take an year to reach the minum number of orders? I can't basically be paid throught Paypal? 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Hellcrash666 

You are not reading what I am telling you and you have not read and understood the links.

You are paid at the latest at 21 days as I have told you AND what is in the links.

As for postage, pay it yourself and you get the funds back when the hold is released.

If you don't want to do that then refund the buyer.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Hellcrash666
Contributor
Contributor

I have read everything and this a joke. 
I should be paid RIGHT after I got the money, not "21 days later". Those are MY money. But I understand there are some rules, so whatever. What's not understandable though is that the advices to not have this delay in receiving the money are completely pointless:

- Confirm your bank account (done)
- Confirm your phone number (done)
- Reach a specific amount of orders , which in my case is 5 orders from which I should get 200€.  
First, I can't reach 200€ with 5 orders since I'm not selling gold statues but CDs. But most important: how can I control this? It's not depending on me. If people don't want to buy I can't force them. 

- Don't have any disputes with any customers (done, but that's likely to change if they pay and I have to wait 21 days to get the money). 
- Update the order's status, which of course I can't since my money are blocked. And it's easy to say "use your own". We don't have any more money. That's why we're selling stuff. 

All of this because someone ordered through one the most famous music website in the world, not some obscure blog. 

So basically I have to return this guy his money and, basically, I must have like 200€ to advance for shipping costs in the future, in the hope that MAYBE my OWN money can be available in a reasonable amount of time. 

Good job. 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Hellcrash666 

Every single person that sells and accepts paypal payments goes through the new seller hold.

Its your money once you have been through the hold and as its paypals site you follow their rules.

The hold is to prevent scam sellers that don't send items, if the funds are held for 21 days then paypal can refund the buyer without an issue. As soon as you get a good seller reputation funds would no longer be on hold.

Most folks understand and accept that as its good for buyer protection and they want buyers. 

But I am sure that out of the millions that have gone through the hold you should of course be the exception  🤔  🤣

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.