Money sent to tag name that was changed. Can I get it back?

MaddHatter3
Contributor
Contributor

I recently changed my tag name and was sent money to my old one, is there a way to get it? It's the same account just different paypal tag to send and receive. 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_JonK

Hello @MaddHatter3

Welcome to the PayPal Community Forum! I'm sorry to hear you've run into some issues receiving payments. It sounds like you've changed your email address on your PayPal account, is that right? If so, any payments sent to the old PayPal account would normally be sitting in a pending status unless the sender has cancelled the payment. You can add and confirm the old email address onto your PayPal if you still have access to it. Once you confirm your old email address again, the payment should appear in your PayPal account. Another option is for the sender to cancel the transaction from their end and resend it to the new email address. 

I hope that helps!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.