Missing notifications

davidreal
Contributor
Contributor

Hi. I tried paying for a service on 6th November. For some reason, the payment was held up

and didn't go through, although my card was charged. I got a notification about it, but now

the notification isn't showing. I need to show the vendor that it wasn't my fault that the

payment hasn't come through yet.

How do I see past notifications that Paypal sends me?

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

pkkh
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @davidreal 

I see you have questions about a payment made. I want to inform you that, whenever you make a payment using PayPal you should be able to see the transaction details in the PayPal activity page and also would have received an email confirmation from us. You can share these details with the merchant to show that you have sent the money. 

Thank you

Punith 

Login to Me Too

davidreal
Contributor
Contributor

Hey Punith,

Thanks for replying. My situation is a bit more complicated. Here are the details.

I carried out a transaction, but the merchant is unable to locate the transaction.

I didn't get a transaction ID from PayPal, and I haven't received one until now.

This is the information I have from my bank:

• Authorization code/transaction ID from the bank is 566700.
  • Date was November 6th, time 2:52 pm (Nairobi)
  • Amount was Kenya shillings 4,305.
  • There is another number[Removed. Phone #s not permitted]LUXEMBOURG but I don't know what that refers to.

I'm trying to get help tracing the transaction. I hope that can help.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Adam1

Hi, thanks for the additional information. If you don't see the transaction in your account Activity, and haven't received a confirmation email from us that the payment was submitted, the payment did not complete. What you're seeing on your bank is most likely an authorization hold. These holds typically fall off after a few days, depending on the bank. 

Login to Me Too

davidreal
Contributor
Contributor

Hey Adam,

So what happens in this case? Does the payment eventually go through

or does the cash return to my bank? And is there anything I can do in

the process or I just have to wait?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_RebeccaN

Hi @davidreal

The bank can hold a payment authorisation for up to 30 days. This will then be cancelled and these funds will be available in your bank account. 

I would recommend reaching out to your bank provider to have this authorisation cancelled. 

Thank you and I hope this helps 

-Rebecca. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.