Has anyone had a problem using Paypal with Mercari?

Geyer
Contributor
Contributor

Been trying for two days to make a purchase on Mercari, which I've done before, using Paypal.  For some reason now every time I try to pay with Paypal it comes up 'transaction failed'.  Doesn't matter whether I use my credit card or bank account, both of which have no problems with them.

Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12

shan06
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @Geyer 

Thanks for your post! It could be possible that you are facing technical issue please try to clear the cache and cookies from your browser and try using a different browser. I would suggest you to please check with the merchant/ receiver to see if they are blocking this payment. However, if you are still facing issue please contact us. 

I hope this information was helpful!

Shantha

Login to Me Too

Temp20220316
Contributor
Contributor

I have had this exact same issue three times in the last week.  Mercari support said it was an issue on PayPal's end, but I've been using PayPal to make ebay purchases all week without problems.  Definitely an issue w/ Mercari, but apparently they are either unaware of the issue, or simply don't care.

Login to Me Too

Dee500
New Community Member

I have made purchases on Mercari with paypal just fine as well. BUT when I make an offer which gets accepted I get the "transaction failed" suggesting to check my card even though it works making a full price buy.  I have tried messaging Mercari with no results because they don't understand. Frustrating.  Any help would be appreciated 

Login to Me Too

M105
Contributor
Contributor

Same Issue with me, I cannot get Paypal to work with Mercari.  When I've filed a case with Paypal who says it's Mercari or the particular vendor and Mercari who says it's Paypal.  Doesn't matter what vendor, doesn't matter whether I use a Paypal balance or a card.  It simply doesn't work.  Both times it's been when I try to make an offer, they accept and it says "card cannot be used try another one"...even though a card wasn't involved.

Login to Me Too

TeeHee999
Contributor
Contributor

Exactly what's happening to me right now. I have no idea how to complete the transaction for the discount price.

Login to Me Too

Kk147
Contributor
Contributor
Did anyone figure this out? Same issue.
Login to Me Too

Tracyann1975
New Community Member

That is happening to me too, if I purchase at original price, it goes through, if I make an offer and it gets accepted, then my transaction fails.

Login to Me Too

goneasleep
New Community Member

I've had this issue for probably about 2 years now. Most offers I initiate and some that I accept will fail with no recourse other than to not use paypal to process the payment. Since I haven't had any issues  with PP outside of mercari, I would blame them. I've also tried customer support, and they play dumb, pretty sure it must affect a small enough portion of us for them not to care. Very frustrating

Login to Me Too

ErockBuy
Contributor
Contributor

I do believe that Mercari is the responsible party for this issue.  This only occurs for me when I accept an offer.  If I do a normal purchase, paypal works fine, but when I receive an offer that I accept, all of a sudden, paypal does not work.  This is definitely a Mercari issue...

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.