Do Sellers See Addresses For Non-Material Purchases?

Caernavon
Contributor
Contributor

Question: Suppose I'm purchasing something that doesn't require a shipping address because I'm not actually buying a physical object....like, say I'm paying to have someone review/edit a document I'm writing (like, a service). Does the Seller still see my physical address, or does the disclosure of information on PayPal vary depending on whether you're purchasing goods or services? I'm certain that they need to see my name and e-mail address (for obvious reasons), but the documentation I've seen doesn't seem to clearly state how address disclosure is handled.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_JonK

Hello @Caernavon

Welcome! Thank you for visiting PayPal's Community Forum. I can certainly understand why you'd wish to confirm what the seller sees when you make a purchase. Here you can view PayPal's Privacy Hub where you can confirm the seller will only see your mailing address if you bought something that needs to be mailed.

I hope that helps!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.