"Sorry, we weren't able to authorize your card. Please choose another way to pay."

ftreiger
Contributor
Contributor

oVPN doesn't accept AMEX cards directly, their customer service suggested to add my card on PayPal and then make the purchase through PayPal as they do accept PayPal, when attempting to make the purchase I get the error "Sorry, we weren't able to authorize your card. Please choose another way to pay."

I don't have any other cards.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_Bindu

Hello @ftreiger

Thank you for the post and welcome to our community forum!

Sorry to hear that you're not able to complete the payment using your card. It is possible that your card issuer is not accepting the authorization from PayPal. I recommend you to check with your card issuer to get this solved and try the payment again.

I hope this information helps

Bindu

If you feel this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Cymrogwirion
Contributor
Contributor

HI

Did you solve this one? I am getting the exact same error from OVPN. Never had AMEX refused before through Paypal.

Login to Me Too

Tiaij
Contributor
Contributor

did any one fix this error? I am having the same problem. I've been using PPl almsot 8 years now. my card is wroking fine until lately I started to get this error  "Sorry, we weren't able to authorize your card. Please choose another way to pay."

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.